HL2 Available for preload

Im downloading now, Im guessing that when it is finally released they will have the full thing up for download days ahead of time. Then you just put in your cd key either by buying through steam or the box so it would help cut down on install time.

i dled it at 10 this morning. seems kinda dumb to have a copy of it in ur comp and not be able to play it..... of course hackers will have been playing it for over 24 hours now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eden @ Aug. 27 2004,9:07)]i dled it at 10 this morning. seems kinda dumb to have a copy of it in ur comp and not be able to play it..... of course hackers will have been playing it for over 24 hours now.
u know it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eden @ Aug. 27 2004,10:07)]i dled it at 10 this morning. seems kinda dumb to have a copy of it in ur comp and not be able to play it..... of course hackers will have been playing it for over 24 hours now.
negative

It's not the full game. In fact it's only the textures (all 1 gig of them). Other preloads will follow, containing the other content for the game. I surmise what will happen when you buy the game on steam is you will dl the actual engine and files needed to get the game going, otherwise it'll just be a bunch of encoded media.

Its not actually all of the textures you can use the program GCFscape to look through the file name and files (not actually view them they are encoded).
Many of the folders will read something like Zombie 2 but then the textures are all missing from inside the folder. I would say about 3/4th of the games textures are there though.

Pretty clever of Valve to do this....just enter your credit card, download a few MB of files, and start playing (once the game is released, of course)

The whole download is 2 GB I thought.

each time when I try to prelode it.
it seay it is takeing to long to lode please try again anuther time when it is not so busy.
and it is driveing me crazy too. haw can I DL it so it douse not show that messege. whut website did u all dl it from?

Love
Justin
Monkey
GunSlinger

Back