"how to solve the economic crisis.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
did we just find the root of all our problems... the post office. who needs em?

The last big lawless society was...well, God flooded it. Don't know why people are so worried about laws. Governments are there to protect the people from esentially themselves.

ehh...hmm...that's where i think the line is...i don't want government protecting me from myself; i should be allowed to succeed, fail, break bones because i do stupid things...however i shouldn't be allowed to harm others in the process or you know...drain them of their bank accounts

ehh...hmm...that's where i think the line is...i don't want government protecting me from myself; i should be allowed to succeed, fail, break bones because i do stupid things...however i shouldn't be allowed to harm others in the process or you know...drain them of their bank accounts

The line is very blurred though Nevi. Breaking your arm may cause time loss on the job affecting your company, its vendors and customers. While you may think that your affect on such things is minor, it still does affect it. Given how intertwined we each are with our enviroment or sphere of influence, you'd be suprised how little wiggle room you actually have before it affects somebody else in a negative way.

Take failing a business for example. You may have the right to do it, or feel you do. But in declaring bankruptcy you may put financial hardship on your vendors, your customers may be left with shotty work and are now faced with lawsuits of their own, your employees who have just lost their job may risk loosing their homes. And success may well be the reverse of all this. You really can't get away from any decision you make some how affecting somebody else in some way.

The "your right to swing your arms wildly ends at my nose" is very right, except, the chances are, my nose is most likely alot closer then you think. I think people just don't like hearing this.

Last edited:

+10

it's ok GP...i have bad aim, so odds are i'd likely miss...or would i? o_O

to some extent what you're talking about i'd say is the individual's responsibility when they join the company...they should be interviewing their potential employer as well...and while they're not going to spill all of the beans, you can generally get a good feel for them. likewise, if you're a supplier ... you should *always* be prepared for the possibility that they may go down and not take on those that are exceptionally risky...that's just risk management.

my sympathy is pretty limited when it comes to those in the business environment because they had a choice in the matter. when it extends beyond that ...like affecting everyone at the moment...who had a choice in that? when your business is capable of inflicting harm on the nation or our favorite neighbors to the north (and the rest of the world...save that crazy guy in Venezuela...and a few others)...then there should be some reasonable legislation in place. while we can't eliminate it...we can at least mitigate it, but reasonable and legislation are two words that make rather strange bedfellows so the day I see it will be the day I believe it.

it's ok GP...i have bad aim, so odds are i'd likely miss...or would i? o_O

to some extent what you're talking about i'd say is the individual's responsibility when they join the company...they should be interviewing their potential employer as well...and while they're not going to spill all of the beans, you can generally get a good feel for them. likewise, if you're a supplier ... you should *always* be prepared for the possibility that they may go down and not take on those that are exceptionally risky...that's just risk management.

my sympathy is pretty limited when it comes to those in the business environment because they had a choice in the matter. when it extends beyond that ...like affecting everyone at the moment...who had a choice in that? when your business is capable of inflicting harm on the nation or our favorite neighbors to the north (and the rest of the world...save that crazy guy in Venezuela...and a few others)...then there should be some reasonable legislation in place. while we can't eliminate it...we can at least mitigate it, but reasonable and legislation are two words that make rather strange bedfellows so the day I see it will be the day I believe it.

more +10 for you. i'm running out of mod points though.

yeh, but the interest rate was 237%, so they'll probably get a little cash from you to soften their debt.

Oh, there's also a $100 per month "users fee," $25 open account penalty, and a $500 opening "sucker's fee" (which may be reapplied periodically, timeframe unspecified). Not to mention that your line of credit would be $12.

Read the fine print. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back