Howdy Y'all

SamIam

I wanted to stop by, say, "Howdy," and introduce my wife and I - your two newest guild additions.

My name is Kirk and my wife is Shuranda (pronounced Shuh-rand-uh, or Sure-and-uh, or Hey-you). In case you're wondering, mine is now pronounced "mud." We live in Altus, OK, but will most likely be moving within the year. We're in our late 30s and have "I'll be 12 in 3 months" twin daughters. We also have a couple dogs, a mutt and a great dane. I slave away at work all day at Altus Air Force Base, while my wife does nothing but level her toons to sixty while leaving me in the dust. I'm not bitter. No, really. Honest. Did I mention my name is mud?

We each have an account and have been playing WOW since about Nov 05. We've been playing Horde toons on Mal'ganis (PVP) server in a guild that our friend runs. There has been a bit too much swearing and "adult" humor there lately for our taste, so we started looking for some Christian guilds while our friend tries to get things under control in his. We also wanted to try out the alliance side of WOW.

To make a short story long, we ran across a couple, posted some questions, and ended up making toons on y'alls' server Sunday night. We got hold of, uh, the boss guy, Whats-his-name, aka Rueage (sorry, remembering names is my one weakness ;) ), yesterday and he added us to the guild.

I'm playing a gnome mage named Samage. My wife has a human priest named Shebaely (pronounced She-bay-lee, or Hey-you). Did I ever mention how you pronounce my name...?

Welcome to both of you.

I think many of us have tried to spend time in guilds ... that were just too worldly. I have experienced the very same things you are describing and I really like the fact that we do not have that in our guild. However, our guild does participate in the SGA and Terenas in general so there is a healthy balance of "being in the world, but not of the world".

Demetrius (Kevin)

Welcome aboard. Glad to have the both of ya. I'm Carson (it's my last name but that's what I choose to go by in game and in real life as well). Seeing that you're from OK, are ya a Sooners fan by chance?

I'm not an expert on the mage class by any means, however if either of you have any questions about the Priest class, let me know. I've played a Shadow Priest and Holy Priest.

How is it going from a PvP server to a PvE server btw?

I just wanted to say "hello"! I guess you all get to see my dear sweet hubbies humor from the get go. hehe We are VERY glad to be here and look forward to meeting each of you and making new friends.

We homeschool our children, identical twin girls, and are loving it. We are a close family that does everything together. And most of all, we love the Lord with all our hearts!

The alliance side to WOW is kinda new, so it is fun doing different quest for a change. And a PVE server is different too. We are used to being ganked OR....doing the attacking ourselves on the PVP server. So we have lots to learn here. I have a mage that had just hit 60 on the other server. So I still have lots of end gaming to learn. But it is so much fun.

So if you see us in game, feel free to strike up a conversation. Can't wait to meet each of you.

In Christ, Shuranda - Shebaely

Glad to have you both on board. I'm Deedlyt (60 warlock) / Etoh (60 rogue) / Sakaki (51? priest). I look forward to meeting you in game!

Great having you with us. We have a fun group that enjoys getting to know new people and game with them. I know that the main reason I play WoW now is not for the gameplay but for the interaction I get to have with such wonderful people.

I look forward to getting to know you both.

Merril

Well, I would also like to extend my welcome to you both. I am known by many names in game but you will likely see me as AngusOg the most.

Reason said:
Seeing that you're from OK, are ya a Sooners fan by chance?

Not really. We try not to cheer for cheaters (that's funny if you know what a "sooner" is). Actually, we don't watch TV anymore, so we are distant from sports, etc. When we did watch TV, I was more the NASCAR fan than football.

Reason said:
How is it going from a PvP server to a PvE server btw?

It remains to be seen, actually. I have had a love/hate relationship with the PVP server. I absolutely hate getting ganked and corpse camped by those awful alliance that are 20+ levels higher than me, but I love returning the favor (except the corpse camping; I never do that). Generally, you adopt a "do unto others before they do unto you" attitude. And raiding alliance towns is lots of fun. Watching a night elf fly into town, realize everyone has red names, then scramble for the flight path to leave again is, well, hilarious. :D Can y'all do that kind of thing on a PVE server? I imagine things are a bit more relaxed here.

I have a rogue, priest, and druid on Mal'ganis. Shuranda has a mage, hunter, and shaman. We're pretty familiar with the classes, but are at a virtual loss when it comes to quests. So, if there are any "must do" quests for a mage or priest, let us know where they are. We're questing around IF right now. We just went to that town east of IF. Starts w/ a T, I believe.

First off: Welcome to the guild! :)

I used to play on a pvp server myself not too long ago, and yeah I know what you mean about guilds there. I had problems with people using language, getting drunk (on ventrilo, and just going on and on :( ), and using abusive language with female members of the guild. Unfortunately, having played on a number of servers (RP, 2 Normal servers, and 2 PvP servers) I can safely say that's not a-typical. :(

Needless to say I decided to give up my pvp experience and go to a server with some real life friends of mine. Soon after starting my main character here, my friends (Crackotage and Helvetica... aka Drew and Vicky) told me about this Christian guild they were thinking of trying out, so I joined and the only thing I regret is not having joined earlier. :p

We are a helpful bunch, so don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything. Look forward to seeing you in Azeroth.

Great you two have your accounts setup. I am known as Hawk on these forums but you will know me better as Rueage though she is not my main, I am having fun pvp'ing in BG with her. Maybe you two will join me there and show me a few things. You will find me on one of my 3 60s, Allanon (GM) Pally, Esua Hunter and my Mage Zenoir. When I am not grinding for rep with Rueage, you'll normally find me on Esua, the favorite of the bunch :) Glad to have your family join us, good times ahead! Cya in-game soon.

Welcome to TF! I'm Sheri (aka Kelarra), married to Randy (aka Durruck/Kurdran/Herekitykity). You should have seen what Randy was *going* to name his druid. I think Herekitykity worked out for the best...

But I digress! Give me a hollar if you need any healing services or tailoring/enchanting done.

I met you in game before I read the boards :)

Again, welcome and we're glad to add you to the guild..anytime you need something just ask :)

Anita
Wend 60 priest
Ryer 60 hunter
Weeamber 40's warlock
Jaid 40's druid
Brem baby mage

Hello there! I know I said hello the other night, but it never hurts to say it again! Welcome aboard. Like Sheri said, I play Kurdran (Prot Warrior), Herekitykity (feral druid), and Durruck (Ice/Arc Mage). I also have a few other alts scattered about, but I don't play them very often. I have so much that I want to accomplish on those 3 60s..no point in making any more yet.

I'll echo several others here - if you need anything, just ask. We'll all be glad to help ya around the "new lands".

Sheri & I also came from a PvP server - Stormreaver. I didn't much care for the ganking and such. getting smeared in STV by a group of 5 Lvl50+ characters when soloing just didn't suit me well. Much better here in the PvE lands.

As far as going into opposing faction towns - if you go into their cities, you auto-flag PvP, but can only attack if they flag - similar to the lowbie zones on PvP servers.

Welcome Kirk and Shuranda! Nice to have y'all:) Many of us as you can see have left 'worldly' guilds and have come to The Forgiven, myself included. My husband (Ken/Billyibob) and I (Angie/Tinie) transferred over from Bloodhoof and left a 60 warrior and druid behind that I am beginning to think we will never be able to transfer over to Terenas in this lifetime:(.

We were unable to have our son join our previous guild due to the 'worldliness', and we wanted a place that we could express our love for Christ freely and not get ... when we did it. This is the the place:) Glad you have joined us and we hope that The Forgiven will serve as a haven for you in WoW to be 'in the world, but not of it'.

Oh.. and.. "Rise up you women gamers and come forth and play!" Glad to see another husband/WIFE duo:) We need more women gamers:) I think the women players in the guild might be getting close to out numbering the Canandians!!! Maybe:)

Tinie/Angie

Y'all are such a welcoming group! Thanks so much. We already can see the difference and it is.... AWESOME! Our girls are already asking if they can join this guild with us. They created toons and are slowly working on them.

And yes, "let the females come forth", hehe. I am actually talking to another couple (real life friends) that we played with in the other guild and trying to get them to switch. His wife really wants to play an alliance toon anyway. We shall see what happens. You know, walking away from higher toons, to start over, from scratch, is a hard thing. But it is even harder when you hit 60, but can't run things with the big guys, due to the worldly junk.

I can't wait to get up higher to be able to group up with y'all. For now, we will work on our baby toons. hehe

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes.

Tinie said:
I think the women players in the guild might be getting close to out numbering the Canandians!!!

How about Canadian women? Do they count in this comparison? If not, Anita gets left out :D

How about Canadian women? Do they count in this comparison? If not, Anita gets left out

Gads! I didn't think about that...hmm....I say Canadian women get 2 votes! One for Canada and one for women players! :)

Y'all are such a welcoming group!

Woohoo:)...we have another native "y'all'er" :)

Angie/Tinie

I got bliz-owned last night just as I was about to make some 14 slot bags. Do you still need 4 each? Or has Anita beat me to it and hooked you up? :)

Bags would be WONDERFUL! All we have, at the moment, is the bag you start with and each of us have a 6 slot bag that dropped for me. (Yes, I was sweet and shared with my hubby.) ;)

This is one of the hard things about switching realms. We can't get to any of our money and goodies. :( But I am sure with time we will build it up here too.

Y'all are so sweet. Thanks so much for taking care of us. :D

It won't take long. I was with Randy on Stormreaver and it is definately easier the second time around, or fourth in the case of Randy and I. We started in the later stages of Beta. :)

Back