I finally broke down and did it.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;193321 said:
Anyone ever tell you that you have awesome parents?

QFT. Also I hate MySpace. I've always held that it is a stalker zone for whiny middle school emo kids. Alternatively join Facebook and join the college aged whiny emo kids who are slightly less whiny and slightly less emo. :p

Facebook FTW.

Rofl, I went to one of the colleges my dad works at (yeah, there's more than one. :eek: ) because I needed help with math and someone there was a math whiz, and one of the students was using the computers to log in to Facebook.

Student: La tee da... hmmm... *types*
Recruiter: Oh great, another Facebooker. *looks at me* Tell me YOU haven't been sucked into Facebook??
Me: Ummm.... what's Facebook?
Recruiter: Good. Now to your math trouble.

Guys,
Do be careful with what information you put on these sites. Yes there is the stalker/pedophile/whatever. But employers are turning to these places to lookup info about current or prospective employees. Even going so far as to hire college kids to do the grunt work on site like Facebook where you Have to have a .edu to get access.

Guys,
Do be careful with what information you put on these sites. Yes there is the stalker/pedophile/whatever. But employers are turning to these places to lookup info about current or prospective employees. Even going so far as to hire college kids to do the grunt work on site like Facebook where you Have to have a .edu to get access.

You are correct. Also facebook no longer requires that you have a school email address, it's open to everyone now. I know people who've gotten kicked out of school for some of the stuff that has been posted on their facebook, as circumstantial as it may be.

Also facebook no longer requires that you have a school email address, it's open to everyone now.

Really? That good news for me, cause my community college wasn't supported.
Sucks too though, cause now it's just another MySpace clone...

Really? That good news for me, cause my community college wasn't supported.
Sucks too though, cause now it's just another MySpace clone...

It's quickly approaching that but there is still one difference. Facebook will always have the same look and layout. Myspace allows you to edit the layout and content.

Invited.

I've got facebook mostly for the collegiate aspect (it's great for party invitations, club organisation, and learning a little more about acquantances) and myspace for my musician friends. Myspace is great for checking out when they're playing a show etc.

The day before yesterday I got my dad to make a facebook account, cause it's pretty awesome to be your dad's facebook friend.

Invite sent. Don't worry, Pastori, we all cave eventually. SOME people are pushers.

*pointedly stares at Dredd*

Hey, I'm so very glad MySpace can be edited. The original look causes twitches in a designer... Of course, there IS the whole issue with MySpace's rather...special...use of CSS. :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, you CAN show more than four friends on your profile if you like...

Back