I give a name to my pain.. and it is the Subspace Emissary

rizz

Well, not entirely.. the single player campaign for SSBB is fun. And having completed it i found out i was only at 87% complete.. Noticing all the little flags i went back through the levels and unlocked the hidden characters along with grabbing all the trophies i could find. So now i am at 96% and one thing remains... the great maze...

Now this is both great and a maze. Having gone back through it once i found all the trophies. Triumphant i completed the stage and went back to the map... Alas.. FLAGS !!!
The great maze is split into 4 sections, however the line between each section is not defined.. So to complete SSE 100% i have to go through the great maze 4 TIMES !! each time finding the same trophies that i missed previously..

Why is that not sorted when you find them the first time?

And the achievements... whats up with those.. I have a healthy number of achievements now but some of them are ridiculous. Does anyone have any hints for how to unlock these quicker? Since i am totally useless at the home-run game..lol and dont intend to do anything on intense with no continues...

I still haven't beaten the single-player mode. I made it to the Great Maze and lost interest.

I would play multiplayer matches more often, but only one person on my Friends list (Rizz) out of ~12 has added me to their Friends list. That, and my wife prefers Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary over SSBB.

Managed to get it up to 99%.. Just have /something/ to find in the SE corner of the great maze... and yes it is a pain to do. The final boss is beyond frustrating.. But i have to complete it...

YES! i have 100% on the subspace emissary.. and what do i get for it? nuffin. absolutely nothing!

Taking a look at the SSBB achievements wall makes me want to cry.. Who wants to complete classic, all star, target smash, boss battles with /every/ character.. Why would someone put the effort into hitting 1500m in home-run contest?

Why would someone want to accumulate 100m swimming and 10000m walking in the game?

100 hours of brawling? That is beyond retarded... i can see why there would be a challenge to complete something in a certain time or with certain lives... but to have to play for 100 hours just to unlock a trophy makes me angry.. Its going to take me several years to unlock all of those challenges.

Is anyone else bothered by this, or is it just me and the fact i cant leave a game uncompleted. The last game i didnt finish was Eledees (Elebits) and that still haunts me..lol

Is anyone else bothered by this, or is it just me and the fact i cant leave a game uncompleted.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I've dropped multiple RPGs mid-story, including Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate--well, you get the idea.

I know it will make the completionist in you scream, but putting down SSBB in favor of a game without inane objectives may just be the first step in beating the habit.

I also recommend reading a great article entitled Tragedy of the Collectathons.

o.0 what no jigglypuff?

The secret characters are dead easy.. There are multiple ways to unlock them and you will find a million quick ways around forums and IGN etc..

Ever the completist.. I have started nibbling away at the challenges.. I have now completed classic mode with every character, and on every diffculty.. Also i have done target smash lvl 1,2 with every character and in the time limits. Gonna unlock all the "brawl on xxxx 10 times" then go for Allstar mode with all characters and all difficulties...

Why must i complete everything?

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Challenge

Last edited:
I'm also trying 2 beat the game completely. I, however, have 2 siblings speeding the process along by helping when they can. So far the hardest challenge is beating 100-man brawl wit all characters (except i havent tried boss battles on insane, saving that for my older brother) and the second-hardest is boss battles on very hard. 100 hours of brawl took a while, but now all i need r some Boss Battles challenges and the 100-man brawl challenge.

Back