I have a *GULP* date.

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
I really like this girl, and I'm also really really nervous. Any prayer and advice you can send my way would help a lot. We're going out to dinner, then to the Coming Home dance at school.

Hey, congrats! Don't be too nervous. Just keep your eyes and attention where they should be, treat her like a lady, and keep the conversation flowing. If you're as compatible with this girl as you think you are, you'll probably never be at a loss for conversation topics. But if you find yourself without something to say, you might want to have a list of questions memorized beforehand that you can ask that will provide new topics. I'm a bad conversationalist but I use this technique whenever I know I'll have to talk to people for a long time. But like I said, the more compatible you are with her, the more likely everything is to just come naturally. I'm one of the most introverted people I know but when I've hit it off with a girl I can talk for hours and still have more to say.

And think of the worst case scenario. I don't really understand why, but a lot of girls actually think that some instances of messing up in a horribly awkward manner is actually CUTE. Weird, I know, and don't try to take advantage of it on purpose, of course, but every once and again, your mistakes will work in your favor, so don't worry too badly about messing up.

God bless you, and good luck, brave warrior.

I've been married over two years now, so I believe my license for giving advice on first dates has run out. /grin

But I will say that it's very important that you pay attention to her during the date. If you have a cell phone, put it on vibrate. If it rings, don't answer it unless it's an emergency. If it is an emergency, keep the call as short as possible without being rude to the person calling.

At the dance, she'll likely want to spend some time with her female friends when she gets there. Grant her that without frustration and spend that time with your male friends. That, at least as I recall, is a fun part of any couples event. When the dancing starts, though, your attention should be squarely on her.

During any one-on-one time with a young woman, whether it's going on a dinner date or going with a female friend to a museum, she should be the center of your attention.

And, in the immortal words of Douglas Adams, DON'T PANIC.

EDIT: And I'll be praying, too. :)

more or less, the more dorkier (i.e. acting yourself ) you appear, truly the better it is i have found. praying for ya spud

I've been married over two years now, so I believe my license for giving advice on first dates has run out. /grin

But I will say that it's very important that you pay attention to her during the date.

But, I'd add, not too much attention - for a first date, comfortably polite and cordial is what you really want. No need to try and knock her off her feet or anything - that's too much pressure on you and its not the best way to start off a meaningful relationship anyway. Just have a good time, be yourself, pay attention to the lady like other have said and hopefully you'll leave her thinking that you're an interesting, good-natured guy who likes her. That's the best result you can hope for. :cool:

Hey wait the date is over! That's what I get for not reading the last two replies before posting. :) Details details!

Paul

Well, we ate dinner and I paid of course. Then we went to the dance, I also paid for that. After the dance...which I was wish would have lasted all night, I took her home. I now have a girlfriend as of this evening.

But, I'd add, not too much attention - for a first date, comfortably polite and cordial is what you really want. No need to try and knock her off her feet or anything - that's too much pressure on you and its not the best way to start off a meaningful relationship anyway.
True, true.

Details details!
/agree

l_ea1bcd7d79b6c1125c36b326c9224214.jpg

Here is the only good picture from coming home, I'm sure the ones her sister took are better, but the ones her sister took with my step-moms camera weren't to hot. I know its bad, but I can't smile very well on purpose. However in this picture I'm blaming it on nerves. I was so nervous that I was almost shaking, but I was able to stop from doing that.

actually ur pretty seksi looking ;), shes cute too lol

Back