IllHoof

After talking to Renee on our hike.. I think the healing we will try is as follows:

Druid will primarily have the lock and the sacrificed person. Hot the sacrifice person as soon as Illhoof targets them. Hot the warlock (along with Priest shield)

If we set up the interface to see the targets target.. I believe Ill takes his focus off the MT and focuses on his sacrificed victim before the chains come..
If that is true she can watch Ill's target and HOT as fast as possible. Or someone can call it out.. What we want ideally is to have the right hot..and our dps fast on the draw, so that the hot only heals the chained person a little until they are released and then does more healing afterwards..This way Illhoof will not get the full advantage of that HOT (We are still talking through which heal to use..) and the setup..

Pally: Heal the MT.

Priest: Help heal the MT, OT and lock if need be.

(These two roles, priest/pally, we can play around with and reverse)

I'm wondering what the most efficient use of an OT would be on that Imp..If we are just going to ignore it perhaps a pet or pets could deal with it, or is the pet dps better on the chains? (Just read mikes post, if we are going to use 2 tanks, I'd think the pets would dps better on the chains?) Imp does not seem to hit very hard..As for the MT I think reng was taking the most dmg when he had the fire debuff on him and getting hit with fire from many imps.. (So..perhaps a few fire resist pots would not hurt)

Pally buffs: Concentration would be ideal for the lock.. and even healers..since occasionally we do get interrupted by imps and it delays our heals..I'm not sure how much the FR aura would benefit us over the devotion aura..on the MT. (Con, devo or Con FR)

Priest can buff us with shadow protection.

Everyone should be as close to the circle as possible so the lock can cast SOC on Ill and deal with as many imps as possible.

Check your enchants & try to bring pots..We have alch's in the guild who can make some nice ones.. I can make destruction and relentless assualt, to name a few..offensive ones.

Last edited:
Here is the fight strategy as I see it.

MT on Ilhoof and Kil'rek between wall and circle.
Everyone else at the circle standing on or behind the candles. This gives good view to Ilhoof and the chains. Hunters will probably need to step back some due to range concerns.

Lock stands between Ilhoof and circle spamming SoC on Ilhoof along with any other DoTs possible.

Melee DPS stands to either side of Ilhoof.

Everyone focuses on Ilhoof till chains are popped. I have Target of Target setup so I can call out when chains are getting ready to start.

One healer on MT, one healer on group and chains (also backup) last healer on locke and backup.

Questions, comments or another way to try it?

Sounds good to me. We'll probably have to have more backup heals on the MT than any other place. (Depending on who the MT will be)

I was a bit distracted, but I was tryin to watch what Illhoof was doing before the chains. I think it's an instant spell, so he switches, chains, and goes back to the MT nearly instantly.

Several times I was watching Illhoof cast a shadowbolt as the chains timer expired. I'll try to watch more closely next time.

And again, I am 100%, absolutely, with-a-doubt certain that mage AoE is ineffective against the chains. I suspect that pally, lock, hunter, and priest AoE is as well, but hard to tell.

So sounds like to me that my gear as is should be sufficient ? Also did i see that I should aggro Illhoof and his imp minion on the initial run in ? I wasnt doing that thus far, but I can Shield Throw to aggro them both if need be. Also I have been judging wisdom on Illhoof thus far, but not sure if anyone is benefiting from it or not.

It's possible your gear is fine man. I mean.. we can keep you up.. It's just the fight is going to long..and we are going oom. And even losing one person to sacrifice..extends the fight even longer.. I'd say grab some consumables..for health/armor..and w/e else you can find. The times when it's hardest to keep you up is when the imps are attacking you and you have the increase fire dmg debuff on you. And..they are also attacking healers and interupting our cast times.. That really increases your likelihood of dieing..

I suspect if guilds are killing prince, but wiping on this guy..that it's more of a setup/reaction time issue, than gear.

Yes, if you can judge wisdom and still hold agro, do it.

wisdom is huge for me... at least when I was doing lots of AOEing. On the attempts that I was OOM, i would start wanding Illhoof to get enough mana to attack the chains in the next cycle (while i was waiting on potions, trinkets, and gems to come off cooldown)

I'm sure that this fight is just a matter of doing it once, and then repeating what we did - much like the Curator. There's probably just a little tweak that we need.

Just finding out the AoE thing against chains makes a HUGE difference to how Sheri & I attack them, and it make a clear difference with losing less people to sacrifices in the last few attempts.

It is starting to come together, we'll get it soon.

Sorry Mike!!

I said tuesday..but I get in tuesday and while I could be back for kara that night I would rather make scott take me out to dinner :)

We havent seen each other in over 20 days!

SO, I will be there wed. if you guys are going (again..cant see gc) and Thursday fo sho!

Ive missed the people in wow more than I have missed the game..to be honest I was getting a bit bored with the game, i spend more time yammering and blabbing than I do anything else!!!!

I'll second the bored part. Leveling this hunter is as fun as watching paint dry. Things get interesting when I can pvp at least.

Hey Adam - can I borrow one of your kids for a bit? I've got CD's!! :) j/k

im sorry guys i cant make it this week.. ive got to work until 2am mon tues wed and thurs..

I didnt find out until today otherwise I would have given better notice

good luck! im sure youll do great!

I won't be there either. I have one son who needs a ride at 7 st to a mission training session and back again by 9 st. Also I have a baby shower for a close friend from church. Sorry all.

Update!

I have a needy friend coming to stay with me for a few days, recent break up with a 4 year boyfriend, doesnt want to be alone...so I probably wont really be back until this weekend. Sorry guys ): I was excited too..but this is important.. I know you will understand :)

Back