I'm stepping down.

Avesther

Dear Staff and Members of Redeemed.

I have decided to step down from the guild leadership position and WoW chapter leader. To some, it will come as a surprise, and to others, not so much.

This game has left me in ruins, some by choice and some not so much. I have neglected work and family and worst of all, my time with God. This all comes to a stop today. I have demoted Avesther and I will hand the torch of Guild Master over to Plankeye. Plankeye has served the guild well and I trust him to lead it, even if it happens to be short term while a new leader is sought.

As far as me staying in the guild, I plan on helping with any tranisition issues and staying for as long as I feel welcome.

:(

Well I hope you'll still stick around ( and are you taking goblit too?!?). Thanks for the great leadership. Its tough being a leader and you did a great job being one.

.seek.

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me..........

Good leaders are made not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience.

I can remember back to when I was not 60 and only knew 2 people in the guild. I was struggling and learning the ropes of WOW and how I would function in this guild. Then someone reached out to me and put me on the path. That person was Bannard...aka Avester...Cory.

Cory I truly thank you for you time and sacrifice for this guild. I am only one that you touched in your time as our guild leader, but there are many more. The fellowship and support our guild has for one another is the foundation upon we build our guild house of worship. As you know, for a house to last a long time, the foundation needs to be strong...often a keystone or weight bearing wall is key. Bannard you have been this key. You will be missed, but if what you say is true, then you are back on the right course and I support you 100 percent.

I too have begun a new adventure as God has given me a new opportunity in the form of a new job and company. A blessing that was greatly needed. As such, I will most likely be less active as time is now a constraint. Fj or Jon will be taking over Redbank...when I get the details I will make a seperate post for info.

Take care my Christian Brother and I pray for you all the best and Guidance God can show us.

Your Brother in Christ, Samuraij..aka Powderpuff....John :)

I know how you feel, I at times get so into playing I make things that should be first ( spending time with my kids, taking care of chores ect..) last.

I ask my self what will I wish I would have done more in 20 years from now when my kids are grown and busy with there own lives. That I did'nt get enough blue gear / epic items for a computer game I used to play or that I could have spent more time with my children that I love so dearly.

It is difficult for me sometimes because WoW has been an escape for me, a place where I could go and not worry about all the problems of the real world. I lead a challenging life with many people that count on me so I am under a lot of stress at times. So I have used WoW as a crutch In a way or I guess a daily vacation from real life. Dont get me wrong GOD Is very much my goto source with any problems that I have. Enough of me.

Sorry Bannard, I did'nt mean to spill my guts on your thread. Your a great guy and I have understood very much the weight that you have carried at being the GM It's a very tuff job and it requires difficult deccisions sometimes and a ton of your time which is very hard for anyone with a family and job that also require your attention.

Anyway Bro, Great job at doing sooooooo much and I look forward to playing alongside you with Boazz and maybe Iam If I can ever get that goober to 60. : )

God bless you and Goblet and your family.

(please note all spelling errors are the fault of Miss Key my spelling teacher who did not like me)

Being a leader is never easy, and in game leadership is just as real as in real life.

I wish to post this link: is on guild creation and leadership, This is not to make anyone feel bad , but to show that all guilds go thru changes and growing pains. We’ll call it the Guild leaders Ranger Handbook, only because they use bible, and I did not want too. I have a bible already. Everyone should read it. It has lots of good information. Those not in direct leadership and appreciate what our leaders must contantly be thinking of and the effort to get things to run smoothly

Avesther; DO not feel bad for having to take care of real life, we are honored to have called you guild leader and I personally feel we should have a hall of Fame for our leadership so we can have a history and say "" hey, Odale remember when Bannard….."""

Being a guild leader twice before I understand exactly what you are going thru, in fact many of us do, especially those who came from the KoT from DAOC.

You are welcome always here! and I am sad to think you feel you wouldn’t be. You help ground this guild make it successful, If you feel you made an unwise decision at times, well, heavy is the head that wears the crown, you can not make everyone happy all the time, but I never heard a bad word about you and I remember when you made some hard decisions that might have look harsh, We all backed you and told you we were proud of your decisiveness and ability to protect you people and not allow choas to rein in our on-line Family .

You did a darn fine job, you have a home here WHENEVER you ever need it, and if you need a break take it without fear. You will always return our BROTHER! We are your bothers and sisters in Christ and in guild. We will trudge along until someone picks up the mantle of leadership and if no one does for a while we have plenty of wonderful leaders in Christ to weather the journey until some on does.

We will see you again in game, take care our Captain and friend; know we all were secure in your leadership. We’ll miss it, but our adventures are not over yet and neither are yours.

Be in Christ always and know you were appreciated for all you did.

Until that day

Take care

Last edited:
Farewell...

Bannard,

Being GM is not an easy position to hold, but we appreciate all the good things you did for the guild. GOD bless you and your family in all that GOD has for you in the future.

As a fellow GM and far more importantly, a fellow son of the Living God, it takes a real man to admit when he needs to make the right changes in his life, both to honor his God and those things which have been entrusted to him by that same God.

Remember real life always comes first. God has given you a great role as husband, father, and minister in your home. I have always felt the God's work starts at home and moves outward. So I commend you for being able to keep those priorities straight. As for the guild, one thing I learned from being a member and a guild leader in the KoT is that in christian guilds, the guild iteself often goes through many growing pains as God uses them and they grow. During these "pains" things change, people change, leadership changes, routines change, hearts change. But as long as God is steering the boat it never sinks. It just keeps floating on doing as God would have it do. Being what God would have it be. I commend you Bannard on allowing God to use you in the guild. I know from experience that it takes a lot of dedication and caring to be able to be a guild leader for any length of time. Especially in a guild such as ours. Unlike "normal" guilds in the game we are held to a higher standard. Your time spent leading has touched more lives then you'll know I'm sure. There is a song that comes to mind whenever I think of others who have given of themselves. It also encourages me whenever I feel discouraged in my path in life. It is called THANK YOU by RAY BOLTZ. These are the words:

dreamed I went to heaven
and You were there with me
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea.

We heard the angels singing
Then someone called your name.
You turned and saw this young man
And he was smiling as he came.

And he said, "Friend you may not know me now"
And then he said, "But wait"
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight.

And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer
I asked Jesus in my heart."

(Chorus)
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed.
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you
And said, "Remember the time
A missionary came to your church
And his pictures made you cry.

You didn't have much money
But you gave it anyway.
Jesus took the gift you gave
And that's why I am here today."

(Chorus)
I am so glad you gave.

One by one they came
Far as the eye could see
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity.

Little things that you had done
Sacrifices made.
Unnoticed on the earth
In heaven now proclaimed.

And I know up in heaven
You're not supposed to cry.
But I am almost sure
There were tears in your eyes.

As Jesus took your hand
And you stood before the Lord.
He said, "My child look around you.
Great is your reward."

(Chorus twice)
I am so glad you gave.

I am so glad you gave.

God has blessed us, he made you the GM of Redeemed. We are Redeemed, not A Team, not ONE, not Roadkill, not Fallen.. but Redeemed. We ARE Redeemed. I hope that you decide to stick around, I enjoy your company and you are always welcome to come here. God Bless Bannard. :)

I think I'll be sticking around, I never doubted it. But, I have just put forth an idea to Sandric\melko\elihu\bowser to look at. I've been getting positive feedback on it, and I think you guys are really going to like it. Especially since most of the concepts in the plan came from you guys at some point in time anyway.

I've only been in Redeemed for a little over a month, and already I see how attatched I have been to you as leader, Bannard/Avesther.

I admire your decision, however saddening it may be.

God bless.

Back