I'm thinking about going to church

Are you sure you didn't use to be here under a different name?
I've always used this name on these boards ... check my join date.
Anyway, are you sure it's GOD that has blessed him with a good amount of money?
No, I'm not sure - I don't know him personally.
Read this article and tell me if you still feel the same way
I stopped reading when it started preaching that you can go to heaven without going through Christ.

It was just a suggestion and since all I've seen of Joel Osteen is from what I've seen on TV, then it may have been a bad suggestion - I can admit that. But what if it's a good suggestion - I guess you'll never know since I seriously doubt you'll ever visit.

Anyone in the Houston area have a better suggestion? Btw, if you're ever in the Indianapolis area, I'll take you to my church if you're willing ;)

Hahahaha Freethought hahahaha I hope you know this free thought thingy is not so free hehehe there is a Price for everything...John 4:23

Goose62 said:
I've always used this name on these boards ... check my join date.

No, I'm not sure - I don't know him personally.

Yup, I looked the user name up after I posed, it wasn't you, but he was a member of Calvary Chapel. I remember having a problem with Calvary Chapel, but I honestly don't remember what it was or if it was only that specific church.

My apologies.

I stopped reading when it started preaching that you can go to heaven without going through Christ.

It was just a suggestion and since all I've seen of Joel Osteen is from what I've seen on TV, then it may have been a bad suggestion - I can admit that. But what if it's a good suggestion - I guess you'll never know since I seriously doubt you'll ever visit.

Understood. What I've discovered is the majority of those charismatic tv evangelists are much different off screen than on. "Practice what you preach" comes to mind.

Sorry, I doubt I'd visit them either. Megachurches turn me off. I don't see how a church like that can breed closeness and unity.

Anyone in the Houston area have a better suggestion? Btw, if you're ever in the Indianapolis area, I'll take you to my church if you're willing ;)

Hey, I'm always open to suggestions. :)

And if you're ever in Houston I'll take you to my...err...how about some BBQ?

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that verse in light of your last post.

must be a typo somewhere here..
...hmmmm...
...wait a minute...
...Ah ha. DV's post that said "Well that explains a lot." I am deeply insulted. I think.

Sorry, I doubt I'd visit them either. Megachurches turn me off. I don't see how a church like that can breed closeness and unity.
Our church isn't by any means a Megachurch, but it's a decent sized church. How we breed closeness and unity is we have groups called "Lifegroups" - which are every other Sunday night. We meet at our leaders house (or someone else's house, depending on accommodations) and we have a group that consist of about 15-20 people on average at at group all across our city. We have booklets we go through and have a discussion on it. Then we pray for any needs and then talk/fellowship and EAT :D

And if you're ever in Houston I'll take you to my...err...how about some BBQ?
lol, deal!

DarthDapor said:
...hmmmm...
...wait a minute...
...Ah ha. DV's post that said "Well that explains a lot." I am deeply insulted. I think.

A lot (two words) is an informal phrase meaning "many." It can take an adjective, for example, "a sizeable lot."

Example: Karl needed a lot of time for the job.

You may want to pay attention in English class.

Goose62 said:
Our church isn't by any means a Megachurch, but it's a decent sized church. How we breed closeness and unity is we have groups called "Lifegroups" - which are every other Sunday night. We meet at our leaders house (or someone else's house, depending on accommodations) and we have a group that consist of about 15-20 people on average at at group all across our city. We have booklets we go through and have a discussion on it. Then we pray for any needs and then talk/fellowship and EAT :D

Now that sounds like...I was questioning the megachurches though...do you think it's even possible to foster a unity in a setting like that?

Dark Virtue said:
Now that sounds like...I was questioning the megachurches though...do you think it's even possible to foster a unity in a setting like that?

It woud require a HUGE amount of organization and an incredible small group program to foster any type of community there. Even so, I would think that the reason a lot of folks go to megachurches is so they can remain anonymous-- which defeats part of the purpose of going to church in the first place.

Hmmm...good point wildbill, good point.

I guess that makes it easier to slip in and out, put in your hour and call yourself a good Christian.

Dark Virtue said:
For what reason? Because I proved you wrong? Again.
What? How did you prove me wrong (for what point)? In fact, how hov you ever proved me wrong?

All I mean is that was a bit insulting the way you put that.

DarthDapor said:
What? How did you prove me wrong (for what point)? In fact, how hov you ever proved me wrong?

You said...

...hmmmm...
...wait a minute...

This is in regards to my chastising you about your purposeful misspelling. So you, in turn, tried to find something that I mispelled, so you could likewise be "insulted". You assumed, incorrectly, that "a lot" was misspelled, which I proved, was not.

Quote:
A lot (two words) is an informal phrase meaning "many." It can take an adjective, for example, "a sizeable lot."

Example: Karl needed a lot of time for the job.

That is how I proved your wrong.

All I mean is that was a bit insulting the way you put that.

Not only was I not insulting, I don't believe you were truly insulted either (as referenced by your posts in the other thread). I was matching your sarcasm with some of my own.

Trust me, as many warnings as I get from mods, it wouldn't be to my advantage to be overly hostile and insulting.

Sry for the delay but the purpose of church is for fellowship and praise and honor and worship.Kinda a statement of faith that others can SEE. Now if there is no God no Jesus where n da world is church anywhere involved? Is it just the name to get a tax break plz give me a break. Hence my last note OUR Father knows the heart and Knows who truly follows. So like Free OH YEH tru freedom if you believe its easy but yet hard hence Jesus died for us to have the FREEdom from sin.Follow if you desire but be aware false religions and phony paths that without you knowing will lead to your destruction. Plz remember Jesus saves and is the light!!!

cc.slim said:
Sry for the delay but the purpose of church is for fellowship and praise and honor and worship.Kinda a statement of faith that others can SEE. Now if there is no God no Jesus where n da world is church anywhere involved? Is it just the name to get a tax break plz give me a break. Hence my last note OUR Father knows the heart and Knows who truly follows. So like Free OH YEH tru freedom if you believe its easy but yet hard hence Jesus died for us to have the FREEdom from sin.Follow if you desire but be aware false religions and phony paths that without you knowing will lead to your destruction. Plz remember Jesus saves and is the light!!!

In all seriousness, you warn of the dangers of false religions and phony paths. Have you channel surfed on Sunday mornings? You may not want them to be, but these are the spokesmen for your religion.

Dark Virtue said:
This is in regards to my chastising you about your purposeful misspelling. So you, in turn, tried to find something that I mispelled, so you could likewise be "insulted". You assumed, incorrectly, that "a lot" was misspelled, which I proved, was not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (lol is for lazy people) This is rediculous! You do realize how I didn't use quotes on that post right?
In other words I didn't even realize you misspelled that. So thats why you took that so serriously. Rediculous!

DarthDapor said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (lol is for lazy people) This is rediculous! You do realize how I didn't use quotes on that post right?
In other words I didn't even realize you misspelled that. So thats why you took that so serriously. Rediculous!

All I have to go on is what you write.

I'll let you come to your own conclusions on that one.

Back