Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I want cookiez!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I want XionTawa!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator

I has heard that Minceraft Beta 1.6 will be out this week or the next one..
It is up to You, the Peoples of The ToJ Minecraft Chapter!
To vote whether to keep the server on beta 1.5 or to upgrade to 1.6.

-=================Options=================-
Update to 1.6:
Temporarily lose "Gamma" and all plugins..
1.6 Gains a temporary World and new goodies that come with 1.6 .

Stay on 1.5:
Keeps current world "Gamma"
All the plugins will stay.
I will be able to test "Dune" a new world
-==============================================-

Temporary meaning anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks...
If we update to 1.6 it'll take some time before I get the plugins back up..
Also I has some good news about something that I'm purposely being vague about :p
Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions..( As long as they don't pertain to the vague thing I'm talking about..)
P.S. I might of forgotten to mention a few things so I might edit this post later on.:D

Last edited:
Why can't we upgrade to 1.6, keep the world but lose the plugins till they are updated?

Unless it effects the whitelist I don't see any problem as long as we keep a regular backup. We lose the /who and the /spawn commands but other than that it doesn't effect me that much.

I'd rather keep 1.5 until the plugins are updated rather than play on a temp world.

I'm pretty indifferent, though I've worked really hard and long on my current house.

Still, maybe we could do both? Keep 1.5 until updated plug ins come out, then try for a smooth 1.6 transition?

Also, what else comes with 1.6? So far, all I've heard is a map feature and something about new achievements.

-Koah

Don't matter to me, as long as something is up. Don't mind exploring a new world knowing that all my work will return to me at some point.

I voted I want cookiezz! lol But honestly, I would vote for what works best for you guys that are having to maintain everything. That is really my vote - whatever makes life easiest for you. :D

Also, what else comes with 1.6? So far, all I've heard is a map feature and something about new achievements.

Well, Nether in SMP is another addition Notch said would be in 1.6.

I vote for 1.6 right away, but I don't build very grand things. I like experimenting. Just think, though, besides all the creative constructions in Delta/Dune, we'll have creations in the Nether. That could get fun! `Cept with the Ghasts blow it to smithereens, of course (hint: don't build with wood!).

No more rail systems... we can build that in the Nether and SUPER-fast travel to each other, and keep the main world tidy. :D

So, yeah, in case you couldn't tell, I see some fun possibilities for 1.6.

Notch also posted a pic of actual grass growing above dirt blocks in his Twitter (saying "this worked a lot better than I thought"). Maybe that will be in 1.6 too?

It works now. My client was updated and I logged in successfully. Though I don't know if any of you guys logged out in anywhere other than gamma.

Back