In need of prayer

Epikfail

Hey all,

My wife and I just signed our first lease for an apt. We were told that several things were included IN the rent, and after signing we realized that they actually were not included, about $150 extra a month. We told them our range was 650 for rent, and only went up to 699 when she told us that cable and internet were included in that. Today I confronted the property manager about how she lied to us and arrogantly claimed she told us from the first day what the agreement was. Shouting match over, she would not let us out of the lease, but we are signing a 6 month instead of 1 year lease. She is a scam artist, but it is our fault for trusting her word and not really reading the lease well. We were lied to, and it is really taking its toll on my wife and me. Nothing can anger me more than when someone makes my wife upset, and she has been crying nonstop since yesterday because of this. We are not sure where the extra money is going to come from, and would appreciate prayers toward that matter, and even more so that we find it in our hearts to forgive her for blatantly lying to our faces. We are extremely hurt, but we know that God's grace is more than enough to bring us through this.

Wow. Also just found out that she put our $299 deposit under "administrative fee" which means it is no longer refundable, even though she had promised it was refundable. I had the near uncontrollable urge to punch her in the face. please continue praying for us and our sanctification in this matter.

I want to thank everyone for your support. Your prayers have comforted us and given us power in Christ. God is continuing to provide us with ways to pay for this, including several good friends who have offered to help us pay our rent. I was in joyful and thankful tears last night and this morning over the sacrifices you guys are willing to make for us. I stinkin love you guys. Redeemed has truly been a blessing to me, my family, and our spiritual lives. Praise God from whom all blessing flow!

Remember, when we can't trust others, we can always trust Him. I know that can be very difficult to do sometimes, but we'll continue to pray for you guys...

Praying.

Also, don't hesitate to file a formal complaint against the property manager with the Attorney General of your state. As an example, here's an online form to file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General.

You can also file a complaint against the business with the Better Business Bureau, but the BBB doesn't have quite the "teeth" the office of the AG does.

I'm not advocating retaliation or revenge. We should certainly guard our hearts against hate and anger and even pray that those who would exploit us would discover the same saving grace we've received as none of us earned our salvation. Nevertheless, Christians are called to suffer for the Gospel--not be doormats. Paul sacrificed everything for the Gospel, but he still asserted his rights as a Roman citizen before the Roman government in the face of injustice.

Back