Interested in Trying AION

Avish

Hey Guys,

I am a member of Redeemed in WOW and am interested in trying out AION. I was wondering if anyone would be able and/or willing to send me a free Trial. Thanks guys, hope to see you all in there.

Scott G (Avish/Taid)

Definitely! PM me your email address and I'll send you a key. Zandaris is a long-time WoW player and can probably answer any questions you may have to compare the two. I played a little WoW with a trial code but came back to Aion.

Trail code is on it's way. Post your character's name and we'll get you an invite into the Legion. We play on Siel with the Elyos faction.

Hey Scott, have you had a chance to get on Aion yet? It's a huge download. You won't be able to send whispers until lvl 10, but the trial only lets you get up to lvl 7. Fortunately, Amazon has it for under $20. I got mine on eBay last year from a reputable seller for much less than retail.

There's an XP boost starting on May 11th in celebration of 2.5 coming out. That will last for about a month. That will help in leveling your character if you buy the game.

What classes do you like to play?

I downloaded it yesterday and have been playing a warrior, its been fun, but I think that my trial is only good for a couple of days. I have reached lvl 5 so far. I am thinking about buying it as it is not that expensive to purchase now.

Yeah, the trail is good for three days or level 7, whichever comes first. I wish they had a longer trial.

Is the name of your character Avish? I see there is a level 5 warrior on Siel :)

If you want to be a DPS type warrior go Glad. Glads can tank as well but do quite a bit more DPS than Temps.

Temps are the ultimate in defense especially once you get good gear. They are the slowest to level and feel week till you reach 50+.

Yah that is me (Avish). My trial is all done. Now I have to decided if I want to spend the money on it. Its a fun game, but is it any different then playing WOW? How does the game feel after a few levels?

Okay so I reach LVL 7, get invited to join the guild and then my trial ends and I am kicked out. I went online to purchase the game and the website is down for maintenance. So I will return, just not sure when.

Zandaris can probably best answer the WoW comparison. I feel graphics are much better than WoW and it doesn't feel like as much of a grind.

As you level up, there will be a population increase. The 50+ players mostly seem to hang out in Inggison which is a Balaur area accessible once you hit 50. The 40+ players seem to mainly be in Reshanta (The Abyss) and Heiron.

There will be an XP boost that starts tomorrow and lasts about a month, plus some other events to celebrate 2.5 being released on the 25th. That will help get you leveled to more interesting areas of the game and you will get deeper into the storyline.

I love the PvPvE aspect of the game. The other day, Zandaris, UXZero and myself were doing a quest in Inggi when some Asmos showed up. We took off after them, along with some fellow Elyos. It was a blast!

I wish the trial was longer to give someone a true feel of the game. Poeta just doesn't do it, unfortunately.

I saw you online at level 6 a few minutes ago. I tried to invite you to the Legion but you had already logged. A few of us were on so it would have been a good opportunity to ask some questions.

Okay so I reach LVL 7, get invited to join the guild and then my trial ends and I am kicked out. I went online to purchase the game and the website is down for maintenance. So I will return, just not sure when.
That figures. I'm glad you got the invite. Hope the site comes back up soon.

Yah that is me (Avish). My trial is all done. Now I have to decided if I want to spend the money on it. Its a fun game, but is it any different then playing WOW? How does the game feel after a few levels?

All Fantasy MMOs have the same general characteristics. I don't know how many you have played but quest, dungeons, same basic classes, skills .. those are pretty much all part of the whole fantasy MMO genre thing.

Aion differs quite a bit from WoW though. Aion is certainly harder to level in though they have been changing it so it's not as hard as it used to be. There are really no raid dungeons like in WoW. There is one 12 man dungeon. PvP differs greatly in all PvP is world PvP. There are no battle grounds or PvP zones as every zone past 20 is a PvP zone. The people that play tend to be an older crowd than WoW.

One of the big differences is you get wings in Aion and can do aerial combat. Which can get really crazy at times. They plan on introducing mounts and player housing down the road.

The game as whole just has a different feel than WoW.

Back