INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!!

Ezekiel 22:30

I looking at all of the introduction threads and all of the players we have online in WAR. Some know each other from previous games, some or old timers, some are new. I was thinking that maybe a sticked thread (hint) would be good for all of us to introduce ourselves in WAR. Both old guys and new guys.

I am a father and husband. I work as a police detective, so I sometimes work odd hours or can be called out. I also started a Bible Study/Fellowship at work that is currently studying Nehemiah. Besides church, family, and gaming other hobbies include BJJ (Brazilian Jui Jitsu) and watching fights.

In WAR my main toon is a Dwarf Engineer named Abram. I am happy to help out guildies and usually have stuff stored in my bank when the guild vault is full.

Anyways look me up in game if you wanna roll Destro! (or sometimes get rolled :p).

I joined ToJ just prior to WAR starting and I'm still getting to know yall. I am an RN, currently babysitting for my 3 grandkids. I've played MMO's since The Realm and Shadows of Yserbius. I tend to be an "altaholic". I also am usually quiet in game, but would love to join in some events or groups as I level. Just give me a yell.

juls

I'm 29 years old, married, and have 2 girls! (A 2 year old, and an 8 month old) I run the AV, IT, print media, and digital media departments at a church in San Jose. I've been the guild leader of Redeemed-WOW for the past 2 years. I play games just about every night after 8:30 when the kids go to bed, and my wife watches shows i'm not interested in such as: What not to Wear, The Biggest Looser, and Project Runway to name a few. I usually play war/wow on the couch/coffee table next to her, or laying on the floor with my laptop in front of me.

I've got a lot of local San Jose friends who play including: Icthus, Mirakle, Baldey, Wall, Terr, Jackchop, and Jadshot. We've got another 5 people who are still playing wow, but we're working on them. I'm also a founding member of Meathammer.

Outside of work, family, and war, I enjoy camping, fly fishing, downhill mountain biking, and long walks on the beach. (Actually I hate the beach... I always get windblown, sun burnt, hot and cold sometimes at the same time, and sand gets in every crevice.)

Last edited:
I am Icthus.

I have a job, Pastor of Community Relations for Calvary Church in Los Gatos.

i have a wife, two kids and a dog!

I have been very busy lately with work so I have been out a bit.

however, I will be back in force when time allows.

I'm 30, Married to Ambriana (yay!), and we have no kids or pets at this time. I've been around the CGA for a few years now - we both come from The Forgiven (WoW Teranas Alliance).

As for work, I'm a firefighter and paramedic, which I've been doing for 11 years. I work at an urban department in central Ohio. Other things that keep me busy: I'm one of four teachers in a Sunday School class at my local church, I bang on the guitar, and I'm a big geek (I work for free from home on IT crap when I need to)

I'm around about as much as I'm away - weird work schedule and other things that keep me tied up, so there is no "good time" to catch me in game. I've been online in previous MMOs at 6am...both because I've been up all night, and other times because I'm just starting. My main toon (Durick) is currently L21, and I play him mostly in the evenings with Ambri, Samsomite, Shebaely, Grillmaster, and Moone. We all go way back.

Last edited:
I'm 33 years old and married to Durick.

We've been gaming for several years. Recently we played WoW and were part of The Forgiven (another CGA guild). We also played LoTRO for a short while before coming to Warhammer.

When not gaming, I'm a technical lead / architect responsible for J2EE (Java) web applications. It keeps me hopping!

I'm 33, by profession a web developer for an advertising/marketing agency in my area. I'm the praise leader at my church and also play the trumpet and lead a men's quartet at church (I sing bass/baritone). Married with a 7-year-old daughter. I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and with ToJ since I first found the group in DAoC.

Like others, I'm an altaholic. My main is Dobir, plus I have a runepriest and white lion in the guild, as well as several other characters who aren't in the guild. Because of this I tend to level slowly.

Outside of computer games and programming, I started studying tang soo do a couple years ago until I broke my wrist (plan to start up again as soon as I find the time). I'm learning to play the piano right now in the hopes it helps with leading worship at church.

Greetings, salutations, shalom and etc. etc. etc.... (ok-enough with the intro's)

My name is Geri, a 48 yr old (oohhhh, did I say that!) mother of 2 college age boys who live in Las Vegas with their father and go to UNLV. I started playing online with my young (at the time) boys insistance I play UO with them. So I got hooked on them, moved on to WoW, again at their insistance then they abandoned me. /cry /sob /get over it mom. When the beta came out for War, it sounded very interesting and I got into it a bit before open beta came on.

In the past I've been a deputy for Washoe County Sheriff's Office; a secretary at a mental health facility; an administrator for a world lighting company in Los Angeles area and many more odd interesting jobs, not to mention being a mom (a good time single mom) I'll be looking for another job soon and am open to suggestions if anyone knows a good postion opening up. I'm willing to move as long as it's not to Las Vegas (I hate HOT) Texas is ok because at least it has a bit more humidity.

Look for me on Warhammer as Schmeedeemed = Rune Priest; Schmee = Bright Wizard; Shadowmouse = Shadow Warrior and a few others I've not run yet (just saved names)

Howdy! I'm a 37 year old systems analyst (programmer) with a large life insurance company that is hopefully much more solid than some of our competitors these days! Father of 3 boys with boy number 4 on his way some time the end of December/beginning of January. My oldest is 13 and has Down's Syndrome. My youngest (as of right now) is 5 and we adopted him last year. The middle guy (7) is my mini-me and is becoming an avid MMO player himself, working on his level 9 Bright Wizard. Once I get a new computer I will probably set him up with his own account.

Besides being a computer geek I am a huge sports fan. I have been playing roller hockey just about every week for the last 13 years, minus the few months missed for various broken bone injuries :) I also coach youth roller hockey now that my 2 youngest have started to play.

I also was a member of The Forgiven when I was playing WoW, but spent the last 6 months (or so) before WaR playing CoH with my 7 year old. So far in WaR I have been able to hold off on the altitus and mostly play my Shadow Warrior Kurjath. Originally my Warrior Priest, Kirjath, was going to be my main but with the glut of WPs I decided to move to the SW and have been loving him so far.

My name is Jon. I'm 28 years old, married with no kids. I originally started playing MMORPG's back when ToJ formed Knights of the Trinity in Dark Age of Camelot. I moved from that to WoW-Redeemed and basically from WoW-Redeemed to here. I've been actively involved in ToJ for quite some time now, always participating in a chapter.

My real life job is as a co-owner\vice-president of a company called Karney Properties, LLC. Its an organization that owns 6 total businesses. Most of my time is spent on a computer doing accounting stuff, A\R, payroll, taxes, etc. for the companies. Its a good job with some good perks, one being that I get to work from home.

My wife Itsuka was involved in WoW-Redeemed with me and should be joining us in WAR very soon. She'll be happy to hear there are more females to hang out with as well. We just have to get her the new comp to run the game! :)

Hello

Hello everyone, my name is Lance and I'm a 33 yr. old husband and father of two kids, a 4 yr. old daughter and a 2 yr. old son. I first started with the MMORPGs back in Everquest for less than a year, followed by a long stint on Dark Age of Camelot, and along the way I've also played Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, a LOT of City of Heroes/City of Villains and WoW. I also enjoy RTS games with the Command & Conquer series topping the list and in the last few months I've gotten into Team Fortress 2 - lots of fun!

In real-life I work as a Process Technician for an electronics company in Fargo, ND that makes electronic assemblies for John Deere, Freightliner trucks, JLG forklifts, Bosch and others. We make things like, assemblies that you might see inside the cab of a John Deere tractor or combine, engine control modules, and electronic assemblies that control the refrigeration unit on semi-trailers you've seen trucking down the highway. My wife also works part-time in the evenings so my family definitely keeps me busy!

I often get on the computer for an hour or so when I get home in the afternoon from work just to wind down and once in awhile I'll be online in the evenings after the kids go to bed around 8pm central time. I tend to be rather quiet while online and have limited playtime but REALLY enjoy being involved in group activities! Definitely send me a tell if you ever see me online and please post any special events that I can check out. In the past I've also had some problems with 'alt-itis'!!! But so far in WAR I've only played one character: Gorten, my level 12 Dwarf Engineer. Go stunties!!!

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited:
Hello all. My name is Anthony and I am 31 married with 2 boys. One just turned 4 years and the other 4 months. I've been playing MMO's since Ultima Online where I met Durick and Grillmaster(Mike). Since then I've moved on to WoW, LoTRO, back to WoW, back to LoTRO and now WAR. I've always liked the PvP aspect of MMO's so it's a real nice change.

You'll see me online mostly from 9pm to 12pm EST because I am in Atlantic time(+1hour). Also I don't get to play in December, January, April and May because they are the busiest time for my work. I'm a Lobster fishermen and I just started my own business so there's a lot to do. Well hope to see you around.

I'm a 22 year old who just started a new chapter of my life. My first MMORPG was WoW which I started almost 4 years ago in my sophomore year of college. Would've started sooner but I was in denial that I was a geek that liked MMORPGs. Decided to get WAR when I heard that a bunch of people from WoW-Redeemed were going to make the switch and a couple of real life friends were switching over as well.

I just graduated from Penn State University (yea Nittany Lions!! =D) back in May and just started my position as an Analyst at SRA International in Fairfax, VA about a month and a half ago. I usually get on after I eat dinner but will log off for the night a little after 9pm EST to call and talk to my mom for a few minutes and then my boyfriend of almost 11 months until I start falling asleep around midnight. ^^;; That may be subject to change whenever I decide to get off my family's cell phone plan and get one of my own.

I'm a 40 year old Husband and father of 5 boys. :eek: I've worked for SimplexGrinnell as a Technical Representative since 1995, and now as an Electronic Systems Sales Representative. (with a one year layoff in between)

I was a diehard FPS player who was in the clan "Subdue Gaming", and we stayed near the top of the Combat Zone ladder for Ghost Recon for most of our time together. I made the switch to MMO's with the release of City of Heroes. I tried two others until I moved to WoW when Schmeea did.

My wife plays the characters "Leia" and "Simba" in our Guild. I got her to play WoW with me about two years ago, and she has loved every minute of it. (except when we I raise my voice in excitement)

Hello I'm Goblit. I am Canadian!

I play Warhammer with my son and husband. I still play WoW, in Redeemed, so you won't see me ingame as much as some (raid leader ftw).

I have met many people in Redeemed irl during my family's travels. I have met Mirakle, Icthus, Tree, Wall, Jad, Gilga, Baldey, Baddwin, Uziah, Kaiily, Mouse, Deuteronomy, Leia and many others who I'm not sure have switched to Warhammer from WoW. I apologise if I met you and I forgot to add you to the list. I always look forward to meeting more peeps!

My Name is Richie. I live in Texas and I don't own either a gun or a cowboy hat. :) I am a Helpdesk Analyst/Web Developer/General Computer Nanny for Life Outreach International, James and Betty Robison's Ministry. They have a show called Life Today that you may or may not have seen. If you are not familiar we are one of the ministries that gives food/water/clothes/shelter to African folks and other third world nations.

I have been an MMO fan since EQ. I have played...well, all of them. :) Pick one and i have played it. I have played WoW since it started and am currently running WAR and SWG (i don't like it by my friends are making me play :) )

I came to Redeemed from the WoW chapter but I was only in for a little bit until real life got in the way.

I am a happy husband and father of 2 little girls. Thier hobbies include dancing, singing, drawing and making thier dad go AFK in the middle of raids. :) My wife doesn't play but I am holding out hope that she will eventually get into all the nerdy stuff I am into.

I am new so I don't know many of you yet, but I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better. Great thread idea btw.

I am Odale, 23 years old and I am YOUR BD4L!!! But you probably have not seen be due to the fact that I have been very busy at the school I just got into, Kennesaw State University <yay! XD>. Like I said they have kept me very busy and my play time went from much to none, basically :).

I have been playing MMO's (mostly with ToJ) for the past 6 years, ever since DARK AGE OF CAMELOT with Knights of the Trinity!! WOOT WOOT!!! Much fun we had back then, which makes me want to play Warhammer all the more! I moved to WoW basically because everyone else did... lol, and enjoyed it greatly. I was... elected... to be the BD4L for Redeemed-Warhammer and I have had a blast playing with you all and taxing you all as well! XD <big snicker>

I hope to see you all in game soon, and I do hope that I can find some time to spend with you all as well!

I'm Gilga, 34 years old -- married for six months with a 9-year old stepson. I got into MMO's a bit with CoH about 4 years ago, then switched over to WoW about six months after that ... after 18 months of wandering around the Stonemaul server met the Redeemed crowd in the Molten Core and was happily (for me) adopted into the guild.

My lovely and otherwise open-minded wife doesn't get why grownups (e.g. me) want to play computer games with creepy violent beings in them. However, based on the box-cover test, she has concluded that WoW is more creepy/violent than WAR and she tolerates me playing WAR more than WoW. Shhhh, don't tell her otherwise!!!

I grew up in Belgium and the DC suburbs and don't get the whole California thing despite living here in Orange County for 8 years now. I am a lifelong Episcopalian with stuffy high-church inclinations. My job is to run the finance function for the online division of a for-profit education company ... work generally varies from being "busy" to "incredibly busy" and my gaming time can be kind of random from week to week.

Yes, Gilga is derived from Gilgamesh. Despite that, no (as Icthus asked me 2 years ago), I do not think that I am a deity (nor is my toon). People starting calling me Gilgabear to remind me what a lousy feral tank I was ... but now I've rolled a Swordmaster to show everyone wrong <plan doomed to fail...>!

Great thread idea, indeed! It's been an unexpected joy getting to know people of Redeemed the past two years and I look forward to meeting everyone more!

My name is Lucas...I am 22 years old from Atlanta, GA, but I am known as Colbi in the gaming world. I joined ToJ shortly after becoming a Christian back in 2002. I first came across ToJ after discovering that they had a counter-strike division. Shortly after playing counter-strike, I found out that ToJ had a Dark Age of Camelot chapter. I had just started playing DAoC before joining ToJ after reading a review on it by GameSpy. Having been an avid gamer since I was 5, I wanted to game with a group of individuals that shared my new beliefs.

I played DAoC (with KotT) and WoW (with Redeemed) on and off for several years, but my true love in gaming was always StarCraft. I have played StarCraft for over 8 years and have lead the strongest StarCraft team in the United States. Right now, I don't play SC competitively anymore and have switched my time to playing WAR.

I am studying journalism/citizen media at Kennesaw State University (with Odale). I work as an Asst. Veterinary Technican at an animal hospital, e-sports writer for www.gotfrag.com, and a sports writer for my college newspaper (www.ksusentinel.com).

I am really happy to be part of Redeemed and will do whatever I can to help the guild out in any way possible!

Last edited:
Hello I'm Goblit. I am Canadian!

I have met many people in Redeemed irl during my family's travels. I have met Mirakle, Icthus, Tree, Wall, Jad, Gilga, Baldey, Baddwin, Uziah, Kaiily, Mouse, Joreena, Deuteronomy, Leia and many others who I'm not sure have switched to Warhammer from WoW. I apologise if I met you and I forgot to add you to the list. I always look forward to meeting more peeps!

fixd

Back