Invincible Stone Spike?

http://gwshack.us/b92a

Another of my various crazy ideas :). Very difficult for a team to take down targets that have 152 armor and an extra 32% reduction on all damage taken, not to mention if they have an area of effect healer and sit in a clump in their cozy little wards and spike your team away with a very basic, commonly over-looked skill (did I mention that interruptions don't bother them much?).

Causing 280 damage to one person every second or so hurts after a while (especially when it dodges the effects of Protective Spirit, unless their health is less than 280 for some silly reason).

Yes? No? Maybe?

Umm, I'm not sure if that link worked. At least it didn't for me. All I got was the BB-build-builder... not an actual build. However, if it does what you say it does, I'd be excited to see it. I've personally been highly favoring the balanced build approach tho, I'll be honest... Fix it soon! :D

-Chadley

Nice. A major weakness would be enchantment removal, though I don't know how often that appears in HA.

I'd love to give it a shot.

Enchant removal is fairly common. I got the build is great in theory but remember we did run the build about 1 year ago and it did not preform very well. We were hard to kill but could kill nothing.

Ah ha! I can see it now (it took Mozilla)! Pretty interesting build--I definitely think you'd be alive a long long time. Besides enchantment removal, there are plenty of non-ele/physical damages you'd have to worry about (ie- Energy Surge which is 96 armor-ignoring chaos damage to everyone in the party if they're all clumped up like that) (luckily nobody uses Mesmer builds in HA :p). Other than that, I'm all for it!

-Chadley

We ran an extremely similar build last year, not quite the same one though. (Might I add to Spartan's comment that we've tested a grand total of 1 of my builds?)

Amicus Dei of [FoG];270286 said:
We ran an extremely similar build last year, not quite the same one though. (Might I add to Spartan's comment that we've tested a grand total of 1 of my builds?)

So how about posting another one of those other builds we haven't tried before then? I'm all in favor of trying any build that's been posted here (and in fact, I'm not aware of any build posted here over the last year or so, by yourself or anyone else, that we haven't actually tried.)

Paul

I recommend creating a new post for each of the builds you think are viable. And since this one has been sort of diverted, maybe start a new thread for you Invincible Spike Build. Maybe "PvP Idea - Invincible Stone Spike Build".

You may also want to actually post the build, instead of just linking to it. It makes it easier to follow a discussion of it. :)

Back