Is it possible? [NHL]

Elader Arkon

Helped Tek test a thing
It's been ten years since by St. Louis Blues have actually gone anywhere in the Stanley Cup playoffs, and they've had some rough years between then. this year, after a rough start, they're on fire. Best chance they've had at the Stanley Cup in a very long time IMO, especially after beating the Sharks.

This isn't normally the place to discuss sports and such ('hockey? what is that?' responses in 3...2...1...), but I did so because

A.) I'm ecstatic
B.) I hear there might be a Sharks fan lurking here who may not have heard the news yet.

Think this team who has had 30 something playoff appearances in their history with no Stanley Cup wins has a chance?

Hockey playoffs are one of the crazy things in sports. Look at the Kings right now.

So, to answer your question- anything can happen.

But, also it is a loooooong road through the NHL playoffs.

The Blues are definitely looking good, but, as Icthus said, anything can happen. And this year's playoffs have already been weird.

But I've gotta say, with my Ducks digging themselves into the Grand Canyon early in the season: Go Hawks!

Blackhawks? What Blackhawks? I see no such team moving on into the next round -just a pack of well fed Coyotes...

The playoffs baffle me this year.. nothing makes sense. Since when are the Blues good?!

I do have to say I"m excited for the Kings/Blues matchup, that'll be good.

And I do see them making it to the Finals. I'm thinking a Bruins/Blues Final would be fun.

As a former St. Louis resident, a firm believer that hockey requires more skill than many other sports (seriously, let's see a football player catch a football with a stick while ice skating), and the son of a hockey fan who shared plenty of stories illustrating just how dangerous a sport hockey is, I can only say:

Go Blues!

And I'm not really the type to follow a sports team. Still, I'd love to see the Blues play a home game in the playoffs if I still lived in St. Louis.

Psh, hockey is easy. All you have to do is put a 3inch piece of rubber into a 4x6 ft net. With a stick. Traveling 30mph. on ice. Oh yeah, and there are six large men whose job is to make sure you fail or at least feel a world of pain.

eaasy. :p

I actually like watching hockey a lot. It's a very exciting sport to watch. :)

That said, I don't really keep up that much... and with the Lightning nowhere to be found during these playoffs... I give a solid meh to this thread. :p

Back