Kara

Of course with the 3-day reset timer on ZA, it doesn't really have to be an either or sort of thing...we could do a run tacked onto the 2nd day of kara plus another run with some of the same people participating in both as long as the two runs were separated by a reset. That gives us some more flexibility...

Hello all,

As a prelude to ZA, I have entered a Guild Calendar plan for April 22, running from 6:30 to 9:30 server. The plan here is to develop a team that would do a Tuesday night ZA run. I feel Kara is a nice training ground for that, and we will quickly see how ready we really are for ZA. The goal is to get everything down we can within our 3 hr limit.

Please enter your name in Group Calendar with the toon you wish to take, along with a note stating their role and if you have a sub you could take instead. Because of class balance, I have turned off auto confirmation, but will confirm manually as I can. Signing up is not a guarantee of acceptance, as we have to consider roles, but we will try to bring as many as possible who are geared and experienced for it.

Please sign up only if you plan to make it on time, ready to run.

If you cannot put your name in due to refusing to run GC for whatever reason, please mail Vaanus (my healer) in game and I will add you if possible.

Again, hopefully this group will transition to ZA quickly.

I am sorry about the overlap with the other Tuesday run, but that has been our traditional first night since last April, and it works best for many of us.

I still think that maybe goignto za is a better choice, since people in my run want to go to za but they will be on my kara run. I am one who would come to za but I wouldnt break up my kara run for it.

Rhys, I understand and respect your opinion on this, but despite what a few have written, the messages I receive in game are a bit different. There IS a desire to run a couple weeks of Kara to get back in the groove for some. Also, many have different toons they may want to take at different times. This is a temporary run to get some kinks worked out before we tackle the new challenge. I expect to transition into ZA very soon.

so if people dont come to your kara group can we do za with u guys, this is really what I am trying to figure out.

Just so everyone is on the same page, this is not about exclusion. There is no "your" "u" or "them", we are looking at our well geared guildies and asking them if they are interested in ZA. I would echo what has been said, I would say Kara geared/areana/bg geared is a minimum. Just my two cents.

Exactly as Adam says, this is not about yours vs theirs or mine or whatever. It is not a competition, and if it gets to be one I will be dropping out, as that is not my goal. I do believe, however, that some of us feel a little rusty on the focused approach to doing an instance, and I would like to build and practice that a little before doing a new, rather difficult instance. Discovering a new instance such as that takes a little more than just showing up. It takes a group showing up on time (for maximum time in instance, and showing you value others time), with consumables, having read / viewed the fights, and ready to rock. A couple practice runs will help us to refine this. I want to be successful in ZA, not just brute force it. It will be more fun for everyone involved that way.

Neither you nor any one else would be automatically excluded, just be aware we are looking for a well geared focused play approach for tackling the new content. We still have fun, don't get me wrong, but it is more focused than some are used to. Therefore its important to practice this in a known environment before moving to where mistakes are more frustrating to all. Everyone has to decide if they would enjoy / be up to that environment and make themselves available if they are.

I can't make the 22nd either, night before my state police exam, as well as being a duty day for me (which I will probably take off, due to the exam)

OK, after some discussion, the run will be from 6:30 until 9 server time. Those who have run with MikeR and I understand that the end time we state is fixed, meaning we don't run over. This is out of respect to those participating in the run.

Oh, we have a few already signed up, and a few who have said they would come but have not signed up. We have a week, so sign up when you can so we can start organizing the roles.

Last edited:
I found out I was using a very old version, and this problem was corrected last night. Give it a day so I can log on this evening and allow it to propagate. Sorry to all who couldn't see it.

Unfortuneately I can not make it tonight, found out late this past weekend that we are having revival most of this week. But I promise I will be there next week, also I should be on sometime during the weekday this week.

Awesome run tonight - a 16 badge night in well under 3 hrs time.

We bee-lined to Prince, then swung back around to pick up Maiden and Attumen for some easy badges. All together, 1 wipe and about 5 additional deaths. We could have easily of cut off 20 mins from that run, but ran around a bit, and took some time to decide what to to do at certain points.

I have put a follow-up in on Thursday (using group calendar 4.0). This is for fun and no one is obligated in the slightest, but we will hit Nightbane, Netherspite, and Illhoof. There is almost no trash left so all time will be focused on bosses.

I have also made an entry for next Tuesday's run.

April 29 Kara is still a go - some peculiarity with Group Calendar removed the entry when I logged on from a different computer, and wiped the list, but I reposted it today.

Remember, you have to use GC 4.0 or higher to see it.

speaking of kara. possible bad news, i sprained my ankle yesterday and depending on how it is when i get home i might be having it up in the air with peas on it trying to get the swelling down. i would love to be at home right now but am training a newbie for the next two weeks. :(

she is the reason why it is sprained. was taking her to get her badge when it happened.

How does having your foot up prevent you from raiding? All keys on a lock's keyboard are bound to /cast MOAR DOTS /cast Shadowbolt. just recline your chair and smash your fist in the general direction of your keyboard.

:D

Tis funny, but to be honest you are right. My raiding keys are 2,3,5 a7
2 = dot macro
3 = SoC
5 = shadowbolt
a7 = lifetap

This is one of the reasons why I choose not to finish leveling my mage. Raiding on a fire mage is mostly composed of:
Scorch, scorch, scorch, scorch, scorch, Combustion, Trinket #1, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Scorch, Trinket #2, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, repeat. While I did enjoy it thoroughly, I wanted something more challenging.

Sorry for taking this thread in a completely off-topic direction, lol.

Back