L4D server changed to L4D2

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Update, since our server was being annoying since we got it, I've had GS move our server to a new machine and IP. The updated IP address is below, let's hope this smacks the server in line now.

UPDATE: Server seems to be up and running IP: 68.232.174.236:27015

There are two ways to get on the server at the moment:

1. Use sv_search_key l4dtoj
  2. Use mm_dedicated_force_servers 68.232.174.236:27015
Currently the console is not working in lobbies, so these need to be entered at the main screen, they'll still work after you created the lobby. You can also just jump in on it from the steam group, but you'll play what ever map the server is currently on. If you like you can add either command in your start up options so you don't have to enter it over and over, but then every time you start up the game and create a lobby it will try and connect to our server.

I personally like to bind these 2 commands to your F# keys like such:

1. Bind "F11" sv_search_key l4dtoj
  2. Bind "F12" mm_dedicated_force_servers 68.232.174.236:27015
Open up console at the main screen and put either one of these commands in then when ever you are in the lobby (and leader I believe) you just have to push the correct key and it will execute that command without console.

Last edited:
Since Game Servers is offering a discount for the upgrade Tek and I have decided to move our server to a L4D2 server. The discount allows us to pay the same about for a L4D1 server.
The billing doesn't reflect a discount yet, but I've submitted a support ticket to GameServers.com support regarding our billing issue. Whon or I will post updates as they become available.

The server is now switched over to L4D2 and, interestingly enough, we already have 4 random players playing on it. As soon as I update the server.cfg with a sv_search_key (I plan to use the same one we used for our L4D1 server), that shouldn't be an issue from here on.

UPDATE: Basic changes made to server.cfg and motd.txt. About to test the server and see if the sv_search_key function still works like it did in L4D1.

Thanks to Tribe of Judah members Shadetaker and Xpunginator and ToJ server regular empfeix for helping test the new Left 4 Dead 2 server tonight.

Everyone who played tonight had green pings, which was a huge improvement over recent games where everyone on the server had a red or orange ping.

Everyone who played tonight had green pings, which was a huge improvement over recent games where everyone on the server had a red or orange ping.

/feels left out since he's the only orange ping guy now :*(

Good news though. ^__^

/feels left out since he's the only orange ping guy now :*(

Good news though. ^__^
Let's give it a shot some time soon and see if your ping is orange on the new server, Keero. With the awesome pings everyone else was getting, yours might be green as well.

Back