Lack of content?

XionTawa

The biggest complaint I have seen on forums about the beta once things stabilized is the lack of content...and for those here that worry about the lack of content, I will quote a post made on the FFXIVcore forums:

1) They've stated, unequivocally that they have deliberately kept most of the content out of Beta

2) Even with the two new areas in Open Beta, we're seeing only a limited portion of the game

3) Observation + Common-Sense while in Beta... Such as reading NPC dialog that refers to things that aren't currently in the game...

4) Watching trailers that contain cut-scenes and footage of settings and events that we haven't even seen the earliest *glimpses* of yet in-game, which clearly have to do with the game's setting and storyline(s).

It's a much farther stretch to assume what we're seeing now is somehow "most" of what will be in at launch. But, I realize nay-sayers need something to hang their nay-saying on. If it wasn't content, it would be something else. So, have at it. Ignorance is bliss after all... willful or otherwise.

Well i have spent most of my time creating and deleting my characters. I am ocd like that till i am satisfied, lol. Other than that I have just been trying out other jobs.

One thing i have a problem with is trying to play at 1080 res windowed mode. when I try it the window does no fit my screen. my native res is 1920 1080 and i play other games just fine windowed with that res. Anyone else seen this?

Yeah. full screen 1080 is fine it is just windowed 1080. the window goes outside of my monitor. same thing happened with the benchmark.

Any game you play, if windowed, and you set it to your actual screen resolution, will make it go outside of your screen...since, in windows, you don't actually get your full res as usable space when not in full screen mode...you have to drop to a slightly smaller size... My res is 1680x1050...and it doesn't matter what game I am playing, if I set it (windowed) to the 1680x1050, the game goes beyond my screen... I usually set my windowed games to 1440x900, which is usually always the one step right below mine...

I am not the best at explaining things...I hope you understood that :)

Back