Lagg isshues

TheJfreak

We'll last few days ive been playing on toj and getting this mojor lagg prob. my rates are cmd 50 update 50 and rate 20000 and still geting this spike then cl_packeterror its really annoying

[b said:
Quote[/b] (UnToUcHaBlE747 @ Sep. 12 2004,12:57)]really rates so low?? i use 101/101/30000 o_O
Some servers and computers cant handle those rates. I'm still playing around with mine, but thats what I have mine set at right now

i lag when i have my fps really high, so i have to run the game with really low fps =(...and my cl_ehrpng adjn rates are the default and my rate is either 3000 or 3500.....curse you 56k!!!! >=|

I use 100/100/20000 in scrims and have little problems with choke/loss, but that's on a server with no mods ... the reason why there's choke/loss (lag) is because of the mods that are installed on the server. If we just narrow it down to admin-mod, it would run smoother and faster.

rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 100
-cmdrates are the loss factor, and whenever i get loss i leave the server
cl_updaterate 30-100
-updaterates are the choke factor. Its that mouse freezing and u unable to control your character movement for a little time. In ToJ somehow i get like massive choke so i lower it to 30-40ish value. Even with all that I get no register..
sad.gif

LAN Configs:
rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
smile.gif

WOW, it was really bad today, I couldn't even play ... it was like playing on 14.4 modem. EVERYBODY would spike up to like 200-300.

I can't even connect...

But hey thats my problem actually, some of the filters on my Uni connection are really funny, some days they cause it to be unplayable, some days I can connect just fine. Just 2-3 days ago I was having fun on a server within the university system but not at my campus. Now...:O

It was probably because we were uploading MOH to the server last night. I'll keep an eye on it tonight. But the server typically performs less when large files are being transferred to it.

:|
I always ping 150 now from 110. It was nice back in 1.5 when i pinged 40, and then it went up to 70, 80, and now 1.6 110, to 150
sad.gif

I was on today and a lag spike made most of us hit 600-800 ping till server changed maps, about 3 minutes and a couple of rounds.

Back