Laggy Servers

You might try updating your own rates in your config files...it's a matter of trial and error, really...

yeah thats what i thought but all my rates are set identical to my laptop ( which never lagged ) and the only time i would get it is when the server had 10-12+ ppl

the rates totally depend on the machine so the rates for you laptop may not work that same on the PC it's all trial and error.

side not sometimes having a little loss or a little choke isn't a terrible thing.

The server is back up and the rates have been changed. If you play today, post back here to give us feedback as to whether it's better for you. Your ping might not change that much, but your bullets will more than likely register more than it used to. So go play on the server and post your comments, good or bad. Thanks!

i think it may be my rates here but i am still getting some massive spikes on toj :\

i was playing on trib last night and did not have any problems
rock.gif

what are the commands i know of
cl_clmrate Or something like that
cl_rate

what else?
and what does each one do maybe?

dont mess w/ cl_rate

just cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate, and rate =o

Server is registering very well, at least for me. It takes some getting used to but its quite a bit better. GJ
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure seeing my connection drops every now and then do to a user on our HPNA with a virsus we are trying to track down... but I did play some on cTs... first time in a while and when I left I was 14th on there list
smile.gif
I like to think I still got it
smile.gif
, but it could be that my bullets were just regestering there better
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (4t0p @ April 16 2004,11:23)]Server is registering very well, at least for me.  It takes some getting used to but its quite a bit better.  GJ
John,

So you are definitely noticing a difference? That's the best news I've heard all day...

It def seemed like a difference. Might have just been random luck but my roommate noticed as well so I would say you guys may have hit the nail on the head.

i was on earlyer this morning and i didnt have a problem with registering shots, i guess i just need to start playing witht he rates.

I have:
PRIVATE SERVERS
rate 20000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

PUBLIC SERVERS (most)
rate 20000
cl_updaterate 35
cl_cmdrate 75

probably simliar rate as goose
priv servs
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

Pub
cl_updaterate 35-40
cl_cmdrate 60-80

Ok, the server rates should be changed for good now. Elite and I changed the server rates alittle for better online game play ... although we can do nothing about ping issues, hopefully bullets will be registering a lot better than they used to. Give us some feedback in this thread as to whether or not you've noticed a difference, thanks!

freak sure your connection might be that high, but if it's constant you can deal... with my lag I should connect around 50-60ms but when the lag hits I'll spike up over 500ms so the jumping from 50 to 500 is what everyone doesn't like cuz you move...freeze...move...freeze it's hard to tell whats going on.

Back