Last minute items to reach 30.

Prophet Elhanan

So I'm looking for Primeval Armor Remnants to help my wife Angie get to 30 points in her Hall of Monuments.

Anyone got some of these they are willing to sell?

We ended up doing a little farming last night and got most of what we needed for her Fellowship section. Looks like she has a character who can use Cloth of the Brotherhood (Anton). Which I have. :D

Thanks though,

ps It will be a little fitting too because she is going to use it with Anton. We both started in Ascalon so having that specific hero in the HoM is fitting.

Excellent! Since I've finished 50/50 on my character as well as helping another guildie finish his, and since gw2 is still 31days out from today, I'm finding myself bored.

While my gaming time is scattered of late, I enjoy helping people towards goals like 30 hom points. Otherwise, it's yet another playthrough or two of Batman Arkham City for the next month.

So: anyone need help with specific items? I love me a good scavenger hunt, or an excuse to run through a mission or three :)

That won't ensure a major, major rush to GW, but there will be a fair number of those new to GW running around. Hmmm how much gold could a person make working as Gate Monkey, or runner? :p /jk

Speaking of HoM - you should check this out - posted on Facebook this morning:

http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

There is a video, as well.

Interesting to note that the weapons are no longer (or never specified to be) physical weapons, but just skins you can place over the weapon of that type you already have equipped. I'll have to go back and check on the armor, but that may be the same way. The mini pets are physical items, and the ranger pets are versions unique to similar pets otherwise (e.g. black moa = flamingo).

I guess I'm somewhat disappointed that I don't get "free weapons" out of the deal, but I can understand the logic of not giving even a slight advantage from this (non HoM peeps have to get the weapons from drops/merchants).

What in the world? I am very disappointed. I was expecting it to be like the bonus weapons in the GW1 Collector's Editions. Weapon skins? Lame.

Every reward is a skin that can be reproduced infinite times and used on all toons on the account. Even the pets are skinned versions of real pets.

Interesting to note that the weapons are no longer (or never specified to be) physical weapons, but just skins you can place over the weapon of that type you already have equipped. I'll have to go back and check on the armor, but that may be the same way. The mini pets are physical items, and the ranger pets are versions unique to similar pets otherwise (e.g. black moa = flamingo).

I guess I'm somewhat disappointed that I don't get "free weapons" out of the deal, but I can understand the logic of not giving even a slight advantage from this (non HoM peeps have to get the weapons from drops/merchants).

Do you have a link for that?

If that's the case they really need to reword the entire calculator. It has the White Raven listed as a "skin" and all the weapons and armor listed as just weapons and armor. I'm surprised Anet didn't make that more clear when they first posted it.

If that's true I am VERY disappointed. :(

I have a feeling it came about as they changed the weapon requirements to be "minimum required level" to even wield, as opposed to the current guild wars where any weapon can be used regardless of level. Then they had the whole applying another weapon's better stats/mods to the reward ones, etc.

Taking all those things into account, skins just makes sense. Otherwise, you're left with a bunch of stuff you can't use right away, or is only useful until you get a decent drop a few play sessions later.

Its also nice to have what appears as a uniform set to hide your Puny Shorts of the Noob vs. your Epic Spikey Shoulders of Greatness

Last edited:
The stuff I need to get more points all really boils down to gold. Does anyone have a ton of gold they want to get rid of? And on a non-related note, I am looking for someone to donate some free paypal money too, If I could kill 2 birds with one stone...

Hey if it weren't for the low armour stats I kinda like my Shorts of The Noob.:p

Hey ewok, come pvp with me, doing the kurzick/luxon battles gets you a bunch of faction, either with kurzick or luxon, spending 400k faction would get you a title for hom and also enough jadeite or amber chunks (depending on which side you go) for a set of armor. Or you can just turn all the faction into balthazar and buy zaishen keys and sell them(about 6k each)

or you could save up the zkeys and use 200 of them for the zaishen title and get 3 hom points for a pvp title(would take a while tho)

Sounds like a plan Vanth. I just got to 14points in the HoM and would like to get to at least 20
This weekend will be rough but the following week I am down to play nightly.

sweet, I'm up to 11 myself, just moved into a new apartment, so this weekend ill be spending most of my time unpacking anyways :)

Things I need that are somewhat easy to get are:
20 more common minipets
5 more Hero armors
A rare pet: Black Widow?
A Kur/lux armor set.

Back