Leaving teammates behind

Aleron

Eh?
I know the title of this game is "Left Behind" but I think we need to do a better job not leaving teammates behind.

I was fighting the tank as "Nick" (ign is -AD-Gumby) on the bridge which allowed a couple of players to get to the helicopter. I was knocked down but no one stopped or came back to help me back up, despite being very close to the helicopter. I had just shot myself with an adrenalin shot and could have easily sped to the helicopter, but I saw a tank going after a teammate and stopped to help.

I know the title of this game is "Left Behind" but I think we need to do a better job not leaving teammates behind.

I was fighting the tank as "Nick" (ign is -AD-Gumby) on the bridge which allowed a couple of players to get to the helicopter. I was knocked down but no one stopped or came back to help me back up, despite being very close to the helicopter. I had just shot myself with an adrenalin shot and could have easily sped to the helicopter, but I saw a tank going after a teammate and stopped to help.

Were you going back to help people often? Running off by yourself? I know that if I'm playing with someone who is doing this all the time, I will leave them behind. Sometimes you just gotta look out for yourself if you don't have a team that wants to play as a team. And IIRC once your on the rescue vehicles for some levels you can't get off.

Sometimes going back for a teammate can bite you in the rear.

It can be a difficult call, especially in Versus.

I usually ask at the beginning of any finale who has the achievement for the campaign and who doesn't. Those who don't have the achievement yet get higher priority than those who do. Since I have achievements for all 5 campaigns and the Guardin' Gnome achievement, I'm not terribly concerned whether I make it to the escape vehicle or not.

But I can understand the frustration, especially if you clear a campaign on Advanced or Expert, then get incapped 10 feet from the escape point.

EDIT: Also, going backwards on any section of the bridge finale is incredibly risky. I don't think I've ever cleared the bridge level on the first try.

I have played with a few people who are known offenders of running off...

<Sneakily looks around...>

I can understand not going back in versus. It's basically a team score and the more people we can get into the saferoom, the better. I left the saferoom last night to help a teammate and got nailed right outside the door (of course I should have healed first!).

One thing I really appreciate about my secular clan is the team orientation. We don't leave anyone behind unless there is no other option. I really appreciate it when I see one of my clanmates come back to me, even if they are close to the rescue vehicle or safe room. I do the same for them. It shows me what is truly in their heart. I would trust them in real life as well.

You have to watch out if it's Keero though, he may be just running up to you to set off the car alarm right next to you....

>.>
<.<

I remember that part of the level being very fun. xD

I usually don't leave behind behind, unless it's RIGHT at the end of the finale. I did that on Dark Carnival once. Or twice.

Back