'Lock progress assistance please.

Felguard holds aggro well. I'm 62 now and have been Demo since my first talent point at level 10. I'm actually thinking about trying out the other trees between now and 70, just because I really don't know what I'm missing. (After all, I still have my 1g respec available. ;) ) He definitely has taken a hit since 2.0 came out, but I entirely expected that. I'd say he's pretty well balanced now. In the aggro department, I can pull aggro from him when spamming shadowbolts, but it isn't usually before the mob is nearly dead. If I give him a few seconds to build up threat (with a single DoT ticking - usually CoA, as I gave up Imp Corruption when 2.0 came out) I have very few aggro problems, even allowing for an add or two.

One thing I'd recommend, though, is waiting to respec for the Felguard until at least 52-53. At 50, he won't have charge or cleave, and without those skills he's going to be a lot less effective. I'd hate for you to spend the gold to respec only to get a subpar Felguard, spec back out, and never really experience what he brings to the table.

Personally, I love Demo since 2.0. MD, DK, SL and DT are a major contributor to damage output. I noticed a significant increase in damage output after the new talent trees came out due just to these. And I'm very durable. Between DE and SL, I'm a not-very-squishy squishy. :p I've usually got more health than the tank (if much less damage mitigation...) It's a very strong tree.

I do still want to play with the others, but will have to be VERY impressed with them to not eventually come back to Demo. I love having 3 good talent trees to pick from.

Baddwin
62 Gnomelock
Redeemed

I've gone demonology for leveling, but have noticed the felguard getting progressively weaker. His DPS and armor is not scaling well with the mobs he is fighting. Don't get me wrong, at 67 he is still doing a pretty good job but he's not the powerhouse he was at 60.

Back