MAG

So from level 20->25, been using the shotgun 99% of the time. Well, can't say I LOVE it, it's decent, but I'm preferring the... RTK-74 (Gamestop free DLC version from PSN, think it's the -74ai?) since that LMG has a huge clip (70+ booletz) and I've mowed down half a squad with it a few times. Pump shotty is usually 1-3 kills and then death, but it's fairly inconsistent damage-wise for my tastes. Vipera-2 SMG is also a strong choice, especially since it has a silencer. Would love to try out the SASR light auto-sniper rifle later. XD

gosh your pulling ahead of me :p I'm a level 2 since i just re-rolled, and school started again :(

School started already!? That's insane! I still have two and a half weeks to go. lol

I gotta play more today. Level up and all that. The ability to resuscitate people is nice now that I have it. :D

Once around level 8 or 10, start doing the Directives, you'll get double EXP and level in no time. :) Which means that a Medical Kit -> Improved Healing -> Full Revive equals you 20 exp each revive. That's how I shot up the ranks so fast.

Okay... so I'm kinda at level 38 now. The happy hour + directives giving double exp + SVER actually winning 80% of the time = ding after ding.

I spent about 5 respecs figuring out what the better SVER weapons are, so far I am LOVING the AG-94 (Tier 2 Assault Rifle w/ Foregrip + Reflex sight) it's incredibly accurate, powerful, and well worth the points (you can go full auto and miss a small amount of the time). The shotgun, light sniper (SASR), and MMG (last tier of the LMGs) were all kinda meh. The SASR was a decent pistol backup in a pinch and got a decent amount of headshots, though the aiming on it wasn't very solid. The shotgun STILL needs a lot of work, MAG forums saying it's wonky compared to when the game launched. :( So far though, the AG-94 and RTK-74 VIa are great choices in my opinion. :D

Cheers fellas. I should be playing a bit more in a week or two. The eagle-eye converter came out, and I ordered it :p So ya... hope it works like they said it did at E3...

Cheers fellas. I should be playing a bit more in a week or two. The eagle-eye converter came out, and I ordered it :p So ya... hope it works like they said it did at E3...
Cool. Lemme know what you think of it.

BETA TOMORROW!

@Keero: Your sig pic... one of my friends on Shoryuken has it as an avatar. It's awesome. XD

Last edited:
We’re happy to report that our MAG Beta is quite a success in its early days of existence and we’re even happier to announce that we’re already bringing one of its most useful features to the retail game.

Starting next week on August 31, we’re giving players the option to create and maintain multiple characters in the MAG universe! Though players are limited to one character at a time in our current setup, our new multi-character option gives you up to two additional slots to house your alter egos. This means that, for the first time ever, you’ll have the ability to float characters on Raven, SVER and Valor at the same time and never have to worry about leaving one team to try another. Of course, you can always choose to use all three slots for characters from the same PMC if you want, but that’s entirely up to you!

So how do you get these extra slots to work? It’s easy – From August 31 forward, two additional slots will appear on the character log-in screen with links to the PlayStation Store. For $0.99 (US) per additional slot, you can click the space of your choice and unlock the extra character. Your new subscription will last for 30 days from the day you purchased it, giving you a full month to try out your extra warrior. And don’t worry if you don’t renew one month, and decide to come back later – even if you don’t use your additional characters from month to month, he is never actually deleted – just asleep until you come back to claim him again in a future subscription.

Note: Though the two additional character slots will appear in North America on August 31, the characters themselves may not be immediately available for purchase until later in the day following the normal PlayStation Store update.

We hope you enjoy the added freedom that our extra character slots potentially provide and look forward to fighting with and against you once again!

Interesting. Maybe I'll just pay a buck and roll Valor too. :p

Back