Make cheating death required?

Make cheating death required? - What do you think

• Yes

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Make it so that if they connect and dont have it, it says [No C-D]nameXXXXXX

• Total voters

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
Just want to get your guys oppion on this to stop any potiental hackers/cheaters and to make the server a little more friendly towards the non cheaters, and to help maybe keep some of the randomness of people pretending to be TOJ memebers and so forth out

Just one question. I kinda figger CD is client side... so if you have it on your PC you cant install any hax onto your CS? or is there hax for CD that you can put on your PC to get around having CD on your PC....

lol what a mouthfull

not sure but the other server i play on has it, and some clan decided to join last night and get the NO CD thing and team stack(against the rules of the server) and it was obivious that they where wall hacking/aim botting. it was funny though when they all got disc and where told to DL the C-D and they did came back with all their cheats on and got auto banned by the server.... BIG GREEN TEXT callign them losers and so forth hehe. maybe it would be a good idea to get the WONID's of known cheaters and just ban them now before they can get on.

Oh yeah you had a question

Yes i do beleave its run on the client side, and their is also a Server side program for it.

Pretty sure you can get all the info on it Here

yea... and may I add that this (along with punkbuster and Paladin...if they didn't fall to that law suit..) are still passable by some ub3r l33+ h4x0r skillz..

Tru tru but atleast its more protection than HL Guard. and if someone wants to hack they will find a way to hack/cheat/

I think its kind of pointless. It slows down your comp, and NO cheat system is perfect.. If someone really wanted to hack they would, if not, they have one that is blocked by HL guard. If it was a perfect system, then I'd say go for it, but I don't want it to make me sux or something when they can most of the time go around it still.

...... slows down your system bah yeah right id ont knowtice any lesser frames or higher pings when i am running it

it takes all of 30kb of ram. deal with it. if your comp can't handle it, you shouldn't be playing CS.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amorphus88 @ Mar. 23 2003,10:11)]it takes all of 30kb of ram.  deal with it.  if your comp can't handle it, you shouldn't be playing CS.  
cool.gif
my computer cant handle it and i hate to admit it, but i still pwn even w/ my poopy comp
biggrin.gif

For whatever reason when I try to join a server when I have CD running HL crashes. -_-

Punkbusters still around just Valve slighted them so they changed to like Q3 or something and are working on it for some comercial game that I can't remember.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

no it only crashes if the server doesnt have CD server side i had this problem when trying to switch from Goop(now dead
sad.gif
and ToJ)

Well thats pretty nubby since it takes me over 2 minutes to join a server and I usually don't know they need CD till I'm in and get auto-kicked for it.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amusedtoe @ April 06 2003,7:49)]Punkbusters still around just Valve slighted them so they changed to like Q3 or something and are working on it for some comercial game that I can't remember.
Return to Castle Wolfenstien uses Punkbuster.
biggrin.gif

Back