March 7th FDG Scrim Details

I'll most likely be there; that is if my new motherboard gets in on time. On the 28th of February, one of the voltage regulators on my motherboard decided to spontaneously combust. Ok, so it wasn't entirely spontaneous, and it may have had something to do with the fact that I was overclocking my Q6600 from 2.4ghz to 3.2ghz.

Anyways, I should be getting the new motherboard tomorrow according to the UPS shipping estimate (which is pretty much always right). If this is the case, and there are not too many complications (i.e. processor/ram death as well), then I will be present at the FDG scrim on the 7th.

Man I wish i could be there but spring break starts this weekend and I am going to be visiting some friends this weekend at their colleges so won't be able to play. Good luck and kick some booty.

State of the Scrim

With three of our regular players not being able to attend the scrim we are on the cusp of needing players. To any Toj TF2 players if you have any inclination to play in a scrim it looks like we could use you at the very least for a backup. We've currently got...

Keero
The Mighty Gerbil
Tek7
BassMan449
Omega Amen
Sacrifice
shadetaker
Zanthox
Parabellum

Which is 9, exactly. However two more team members have computer problems so if they drop we will be short, not to mention no shows or other cancellations. I can get one other player if need be but he has intermittent connection problems (his connection will be working fine and then just DS him repeatedly so that's kind of worse than just lag XD). On the plus side people dropping does simplify who will be playing what because only certain players listed needed classes...

Heavy = Keero
Spy = The Mighty Gerbil
Medic = Tek7
Demo = BassMan449
Soldier = Sacrifice
Sniper = Parabellum
Pyro = Omega Amen
Scout = shadetaker
Engineer = Zanthox

If you don't play the listed class for whatever reason speak up now so I can move people around. I may swap around a couple player's classes for the second match as we have multiples of some people who like a certain class. I am willing to give up spy if someone wants that role.

Shadetaker in spite of what you said about being a better offensive Pyro than a defensive one I saw you on our Mach4 scrim and you were doing an excellent job on defense. You pushed away numerous ubers and did just what a good defensive Pyro should do. If you are going by score defensive pyros will always have a harder time getting a higher score than offensive ones because their job is not to kill as much as stop ubers and let the sg do the killing. As much as I'd like for you to be our pyro we need a good scout. You listed scout high on your perceived effectiveness so you are it for our scout for now.

Last edited:
Back