Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Hype

Get on right now, darn you. @_@ Still 3 hours before bed. :p

Also, one guy thought he could go cheap (I guess) by going Akuma/Wolverine/Ryu, try to hit me from both sides. Well, I caught on and Team HC'd Wolverine and Akuma since he was assisting. I was lol'ing with like 10% HP left on all my team. Silly Ranked Match. xD

Get on right now, darn you. @_@ Still 3 hours before bed. :p

Also, one guy thought he could go cheap (I guess) by going Akuma/Wolverine/Ryu, try to hit me from both sides. Well, I caught on and Team HC'd Wolverine and Akuma since he was assisting. I was lol'ing with like 10% HP left on all my team. Silly Ranked Match. xD
Eeeepic.

TV's in use right now, though. No can game. Hope to see you on when I finally gain control of it, though. If not... I've got a four day weekend beginning tomorrow... so I'm sure there will be lots of time to play. :D

And I was all like "Triple Hyper Combo!", and you block, and then two of my dudes tag out and you're all like "OH HAY, LET ME HALP U THAR /PROTON CANNON". Good times, good times.

And you are now far better than I am. o_O Fun times... mostly. (Unfun stuff had to do with house situational stuff.)

Wolvie is gonna get main status. He's so fast and so direct... well suited for my preferences. Iron Man's assist is too good. Not feeling the love for Cap right now. Sad day, eh? Need far more time in the Danger Room. (Didn't getta play at all today until playing with you tonight.) Need. Moar. Training.

And yeah... your team hyper combo love was driving me insane. It's like "awww craaaaaap" every five seconds. XD

Edit: ^pretty good reason to do it. :p

Edit2: I like Wesker. He's a beast.

Also, gonna spend a ton of time in mission and training modes tomorrow/this weekend. Further: Reading/watching a ton of stuff on the strategy guide.

Last edited:
Nah, 85% of the those games were extremely close. Thanks for not spamming X-factor like most of the fools I fought. Makes me have to spam it too. :( Then there's the other 15% when I had nary a scratch.

And yeah, Cap is a bit too vanilla. Shield is good for keeping people away, but he's just not flashy enough for me. He has good health and damage, but I will be replacing him for sure.

Much <3 for the special effects, only reason to do Hypers (well, and to win.)

I love Wesker, he has such a cool playstyle. Not only is he fast, he has plenty of tricks for misdirection and getting in close to lay on the hurt. Oh, and the whole being an evil villain part is a plus. Just wish I can get down the Counter-Hyper input. >_< Hulk is there mainly for damage in Aerial raves, or just for easy spam. :p

Gonna try out more folks to find a more rounded party, check out some guides, too. Thinking Dorm for the assist/hold, or Skrull. I like his Tenderizer/ranged grabs. Playing against my two brothers this weekend, but I'll take it a heck of a lot slower then I did tonight. Fighting chance and all that. xD

And as for your previous comments, I'm not crazy about Dante. He seems like the new Akuma from the looks of it, AKA Scrub Magnet. Which is fine, but still. And I personally found Thor to be a bit technical. I love his speech ability though. XD

Good games all around. I need sleep. @_@

Mostly, I like Dante for Jam Session. It's basically the successor to Captain Commando's anti-air assist. Thus, I like it a lot. His overall cool factor adds to his appeal. Scrub magnet? Yeah. Probably. /shrug I play who I like. :p

Thor is siiiiick... but hard to use. In one of Tragic's combo videos, I'm pretty sure he did 100% without X-Factor. That's straight up insanity. :O

Presently, I'm studying in an alternative way: Watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It's exactly what it sounds like. Nothing extraordinary... but still oh-so-awesome. Avengers, assemble!

PS I <3 Skrull. Played a couple of his missions... and he's got some really, really cool stuff. Command grab -> Tenderizer is definitely one such thing. He's just not my style at the moment... but that doesn't negate how cool he seems.

...needs more Ammy. :D

100% dat, holmes.

Wasn't call you a scrub though, I was just saying, he seems a TAD too good. :p

They better have Megaman X, Venom, and Squirrel Girl as DLC.

100% dat, holmes.

Wasn't call you a scrub though, I was just saying, he seems a TAD too good. :p

They better have Megaman X, Venom, and Wasp as DLC.
^fixed. :p

Took no offense. ;) At the competitive level, you play to win. No character (since arcade Akuma in Super SFII Turbo) has really been too good. It's why Sentinel dominated MvC2 for ten years of competition. :p

That said, I feel like MvC3, in spite (or perhaps because) of its being totally ridiculous, allows just about any character can be viable in tournaments. Judging by a streamed event tonight (sadly, only read recaps), chars nobody thought would see the light of day were going it bigtime. Including a Ryu+Hulk+??? team (Mike Ross was that team... I think).

Still think there needs to be more Ammy+Arthur love. :p

Did a few more Ranked matches today, got to Fighter (2 star). I believe I'm 10-5, I would be higher but I'm mainly battling the wonky servers most of the time. X-Factor Sentinel makes me so mad. LASER SPAM, OH LOL I WON. Get out. :|

Speaking of lame, I had two guys disconnect on me right as I got the last KO in ranked matches. :(

Oh, and as for Hulk, he has some neat combos in the mission mode. New move I wanna try out? Heavy -> P1+P2. I call it the "Pwny Express" because they bounce off the ground and ride into the sunset from a THC. :p Had some great match-ups though, and even a goofy mirror match where my Cap and theirs kept hitting each other at the same time. Shield slashes, launchers, it was so redonk. XD

Shoryuken's had at least an article or two show up in their newsfeed dedicated to anti-Sent strategies. Look 'em up if need be. :thumbsup:

If it's any consolation, disconnecting people get punished now. "ragequitter hell" is the technical term, I believe. XD

lol @ Pwny Express. XD

Related to Marvel... I got a freebz action figure from Target with my purchase. I chose this one. The sweetest part? Iron Patriot is coming as a costume DLC. \m/

Anyway... gotta spend more time in the Danger Room. TV is in use now, though. Boohoo. Spending time on SRK, learning and discussing, though. With forum member assist, I understand how to use Felicia's OTG now... I just gotta get the execution down cold.

Just got my first five win streak on ranked! :D

Considering how much I feel like I suck, I'm quite pleased with this. Pretty sure all of them had higher win counts and win ratios, too.

Wolvie, Deadpool, and Dante. Deadpool is currently my weak link.

Good games to Darkbot. Had a fun little First-To-Six. Went 6-5. Really close overall, though. I have to learn to fight more aggressively, I think; probably half of our matches ended by time decision. /smh

Need more matches... with all of y'alls.

I was taking a small break. Got frustrated with the Sentinel spam as of late. I have no problem taking them down if I get them into an aerial rave, it's only when it's the last teammate and they X-factor for the laser spam/criss-cross bombs. It's not fun when your entire team of guys with 75% health get wiped out in seconds (especially after you mop the floor with them the entire match only to get killed by high chip damage). And that's with trying to get in close. Out of the 20 matches I played, about 16 of the people had Sentinel + X-factor. Annoying. :|

Well that, and I've been busy with college and I still need to check out KZ3 proper. Only played some co-op for like 20 minutes.

Oh, and I started playing WoW. Hehe.

Last edited:
Been a while, but I'm finally getting back into Marvel. With fresh perspective and a long enough break to get rid of some bad habits (ie mindless mashing in panic)... I'm playing way better than I used to. I'm also focusing primarily on missions. Tryna work on my execution and consistency.

The rage is gone (on my end, anyway; had a dude hecka raging after a loss yesterday... my countering his rage with mockery and trolling probz didn't help >.>), and I'm having a great time with the game again.

It's good to be back. It's so much fun.

Gogo Hulk/Doom/Dorm and Chris/Dante/Tron. :O

Back