May 23rd, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Pass It On

Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me . . .? Feed my lambs."

-John 21:15 (NRSV)

YOU'VE probably heard the old story of the Sunday school teacher who asked, "How many of you children want to go to heaven?" All raised their hands except little Johnny, who said, "I can't, teacher. Mummy told me to come straight home after school 'cause we're going to Grandma's." Like the little boy in that story, so many people do not see the possibilities of the bigger picture. We can be so caught up in the immediacy of our small worlds that we may not grasp the possibility of a quality relationship with Christ now and eternal life with him beyond our death.

God calls us to follow Christ and to reach out to the larger world. "Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation" (Mark 16:15-16) were Christ's last words to his followers. The Christ who calls us as individuals and as the church to take his message to the whole world first calls us to love him; then our service flows from this love. God touches our lives in Jesus Christ, and our love relationship sends us into our world, God's world, to share the Good News.

Ken Anderson (Goldcoast, Australia)

Prayer
Gracious God, renew our love for you, and help us to share that love so that the world may know our savior, our friend, Jesus. Amen.

Back