May 31st, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Tongan Pentecost

Jesus said, "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

-Acts 1:8 (NRSV)

THE heritage I have received from my people is the "Tongan Pentecost." Through the anointing of the Holy Spirit, my people became disciples and witnesses of Jesus Christ. I have seen the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.

As we again celebrate the Pentecost season, I encourage us all to remember that the Holy Spirit has been active and working to serve the Lord's cause since the beginning of time. The Spirit laid the foundation for the creation of the world (Gen. 1:1-2) and also for the establishment of the church (Acts 1:8). What's more, the Holy Spirit continues to inspire and empower the church to witness for Jesus Christ in time and eternity.

Our desperate need for the fifth year of the twenty-first century is for each of us to allow the Holy Spirit within us to enlighten, lead, direct, and empower us so that the whole church worldwide shines with the life of God. Then those who do not know God will be drawn to us and, through us, to know God.

Manase K. Tafea (Kingdom of Tonga)

Prayer:
O Holy Spirit, inspire and empower us all in this new millennium to witness in the great name of Jesus Christ to all people, in all places, and at all times. Amen.

Back