Mists of Pandaria - September 25th!

wooo.... wooooo....

/throws hands in the air

/walks away

woooo

who am I kidding. I'm gonna buy it. I love new dungeons and raids.

Even better, it's out a month after GW2. Just in time for the launch euphoria to wear off and draw people back!

I was wondering if Blizzard put any strategery into that decision. Honestly though - I've not even leveled a character further than 30 (over a few weekends), and I feel like I've not even scratched the surface. So, so much to do and see.

Will the mop talent changes and stuff be released early? I have a f2p level 20 twink I've been messing around with until GW2 comes out, and am curious about the changes. I found f2p to be a surprisingly active community, with consistent pvp and it's own little endgame gear grind - getting heirlooms and dungeon drops and working the Darkmoon Faire. It's an interesting new take on playing wow! It's very challenging, since you can't use mail, the AH, and can't level professions over 100.

Hmm that does sound interesting. What dungeons do you run at 20 again?

If you random, you will get: Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Blackfathom Deeps, Stockades, and Wailing Caverns. Some Best in Slot items come from those dungeons. Sometimes you can get a group of 20's together and go over to Gnomeregan for chest drops and hunter scopes (the rest of the drops in there require 21 and over to use). A surprisingly low number of heirlooms are BIS, depending on your class. I play a resto shaman, and my only BIS heirlooms are the mace and robe (I think). For most of your gear, you try for dungeon drops and hunt down chests for rare drops like the coveted Magician's Mantle. Then you play WSG and AB, gathering honor for heirlooms. You can also do Darkmoon Faire stuff and buy an heirloom or two with those tickets. The biggest community for this is on Aerie Peak, where I play. Queue times for BGs are typically around 5-15 minutes for WSG, and 50 minutes to an hour for AB. However, joining one BG does not kick you out of queue for the other. So you queue for both, usually get in 2 WSGs before AB is ready.

Also, players for whom the Rifle Commander's Eyepatch (Stockades quest reward) is not a good match all go to the STV fishing tournament, and try to fish up the rare fish that gives you the Lucky Fishing Hat as a reward. This is the BIS helmet for many level 20s.

It's surprisingly fun. I didn't expect it to be when I got bored and made a free account a few weeks back.

Edit: You'll also want to download the f2p addon (just search f2p in curse), which contains a (legal) workaround that will allow you to talk in the f2p chat channel (f2p players cannot normally talk in public channels). This allows for easy chat and grouping with other f2pers when you want.

Last edited:
What faction do you play?

I'm a dwarf resto shaman named Healinghobo.

And warrior is pretty much terrible in level 20 pvp. Probably fine in PVE though. Hunters are OP to the point where it is looked down upon to have one by many people. That doesn't stop half our BG team from being hunters though. Heck, I have one and really enjoy it!

Back