Mists of Pandaria

So, you're going to do an entire expansion about a war involving the two factions which are made up of players characters... but not utilize meaningful PVP for the storyline?

This does not make sense.

Also, I never said WoW's PvP was imbalanced. The only place where an imbalance occurs (that I recall, anyway) is in Twin Peaks regarding the ledge on the Alliance base versus the moat around the Horde base. Rocket belt + Parachute = Horde are half-way across the field and there's nothing you can do about it! The only thing I said about WoW's PvP is what it offers is completely, 100% pathetic.

Last edited:
If I wanted to play Pokemon I'd go grab my GBA. Actually, I tried to do that a few months back, found out to my disappointment that my Pokemon Sapphire cartridge is no where to be found. :(

If PvP is going to be a central element of the next expansion, then Blizzard should have led with that instead of pandas.

I could care less about WoW's PVP and I'm WAY more excited about seeing Pandaren added to the game. If they said "PVP IS AWESOME, YOU WILL DO IT IN THE NEXT EXPANSION, you have no choice! oh and we added pandaren" I'd be like WHAT? I'd be insulted that Pandaren weren't the focus of the expansion. We've been waiting for this for years.

I understand that some people incorrectly think Pandaren are "kiddie" and that's fine, most of you have already left the game, so please enjoy your new games and stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

I understand that some people incorrectly think Pandaren are "kiddie" and that's fine, most of you have already left the game, so please enjoy your new games and stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

/Begin somewhat off-topic statement:

I'm sorry, Proudfoot, but that's an unfair statement.

In my most reasonable tone of voice:

1) I can't speak for others, but for myself at least I am largely expressing disappointment with the new route that Blizzard is taking with this expansion, not "trying to ruin it." I enjoyed playing WoW for years and would like to see it continue to be a great game in the future so that I'll have more options.

2) This topic and the other like it are both designed for the purpose of discussing Mists of Pandaria. Any opinion or statement that someone has about the expansion is equally valid, positive or negative, as long as they remain respectful. We aren't just trolling your forums in an attempt to mess up your experience, we are discussing the topic. Just as those of us who aren't impressed with this expansion don't have to play it, so you don't have to read our opinions about it if you don't want to read them.

As I said, I don't want to ruin the game for you. If you truly enjoy this expansion, all the more power to you. Have fun with it. You can't expect everyone to agree with you, and everyone has equal right to express their opinions about it as long as those opinions remain harmless.

Also, don't read this as an attack of any kind. In the interest of maintaining a friendly atmosphere of free speech I just felt that this needed to be said in a forum post instead of a pm.

/End off topic statement, continue with discussion of the expansion now.

What's kiddie is being in a subjective discussion and flat out calling anyone's opinions on Pandaren besides yours "incorrect". You think that just because some of us want to discuss the expansion without lavishing praise on it means we're just out to ruin your fun?

Forums are made for discussion, and if you stop taking criticisms of MoP as some kind of personal attack, you'll get a lot less angry. This is nothing personal, just seems like you're getting unnecessarily upset about people's opinions.

What's kiddie is being in a subjective discussion and flat out calling anyone's opinions on Pandaren besides yours "incorrect". You think that just because some of us want to discuss the expansion without lavishing praise on it means we're just out to ruin your fun?

Forums are made for discussion, and if you stop taking criticisms of MoP as some kind of personal attack, you'll get a lot less angry. This is nothing personal, just seems like you're getting unnecessarily upset about people's opinions.

I think what he meant was we (the people who will play the game because it looks great) dont want y'all (who think it ruined the game) to point out every single wrong thing with it. I didnt see him take it as a personal attack. I didn't see that at all. I mean, really. The game has it's good things and bad things. The game will probably, sure, be more kiddish than the others, but that's because the other's were about the big baddy destroying the world. This is more about the peace of the pandarens and the broken treaty between the alliance and the horde..this will be the big PVP expac. They had to do something for PvEr's and so they introduced the pandaren. The pandaren are one of my favorite races. They've been here since Warcraft 3. Sure, they were introduced as a joke but Samwise really worked on them, and they seem like a good race to have now. They're really, really important to the lore and game of WoW. Some things will not be as cool as others, for some people. But for me, playing big drunken monk pandas are the COOLEST THINGS EVER TO HAPPEN TO WOW!

And to one of your earlier posts...When you saw the trailer and thought it was a joke, I did too. But to me, it was one of the jokes that I WISHED WAS REAL, haha. You said that the only reason Blizz was doing this was because they're out of ideas. That is really not true at all. Blizz could be doing this just for more money before they introduce the last two, maybe three expansions (Emerald Dream and Sargeras)
The pandarens are needed for WoW...and sure...Blizz is trying to hold off on the emerald dream or even Sargeras. I honestly think the final xpac of WoW will have Sargeras. He's the reason for ALL of their problems. He's the leader of the Burning Legion. So he's the one that gave them all their problems in BC with Illidan, his people corrupted LK, his people also corrupted Deathwing (back in the war of the well of eternity or whatever...). I'm pretty sure the final two xpacs will include the Emerald Dream, and then Sargeras. That would be pretty awesome. Again, Blizz isn't running out of ideas. The pandaren have been part of WoW for a LONG time. They were very close to being included as a race in vanilla, and BC. I think it's epic that they introduced them now. What if they actually used the pandaren to be the ambassadors between the Horde and the Alliance? That'd be neat. But NOT until it's almost time for the next xpac. I WANT WAR! I'd love to finally be able to quiet Garrosh. Really. He's one of my favorites, but he's also one of the most annoying imo. Where's Thrall when they need him?!

Anyways..I'm not trying to attack you or anything if that's what you thought.. this was just my opinion..

and /end.

Okay.. wait...one more thing.

DRUNKEN PANDAREN = AWESOME!

and pokemon fights....sweet!!

Last edited:
I appreciate the input, don't worry, no personal offense taken. I did recently see an old list of planned expansions in a blizzard post from ages ago, turns out that pandaria was planned to come out around this time. I just never thought it would be the focus.

But now that you've mentioned Thrall, I'm tempted to go into a new rant entirely. Blizzard makes great games that are really polished, and usually quite balanced, but they always seem to get fixated on the worst characters. (come on, am I the only one hoping Sarah Kerrigan gets a bullet to the head at the end of HotS?)

Thrall is a terrible character. Lawl, I can turn people into hurricanes, bring down necropolises with my mind, and hold the world together by flexing my muscles!
Thrall = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModeSue

Not to mention he's supposed to be some kind of good guy who wants peace, but he constantly lets his faction run rampant and attack the alliance. I laugh every time I hear horde players try to argue that the horde are good, or even gray.

Ok, you guys can go back to talking about MoP now...

I appreciate the input, don't worry, no personal offense taken. I did recently see an old list of planned expansions in a blizzard post from ages ago, turns out that pandaria was planned to come out around this time. I just never thought it would be the focus.

But now that you've mentioned Thrall, I'm tempted to go into a new rant entirely. Blizzard makes great games that are really polished, and usually quite balanced, but they always seem to get fixated on the worst characters. (come on, am I the only one hoping Sarah Kerrigan gets a bullet to the head at the end of HotS?)

Thrall is a terrible character. Lawl, I can turn people into hurricanes, bring down necropolises with my mind, and hold the world together by flexing my muscles!
Thrall = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModeSue

Not to mention he's supposed to be some kind of good guy who wants peace, but he constantly lets his faction run rampant and attack the alliance. I laugh every time I hear horde players try to argue that the horde are good, or even gray.

Ok, you guys can go back to talking about MoP now...

Where did you see the list of planned expansions? I'd like to see that...if you don't mind. Thrall to me is good on things and bad on things. I love his shaman role. His Horde chieftain role, not so much. I LOVE Thrall's character. I don't like what he did with the Horde. He's, no doubt about it, one of the strongest characters in the WoW lore. He can easily silence his faction's evil doers..which most of them are.

I like what they did with him and Jaina. In The Shattering, a small group of night elves were slaughtered by "members of the Horde". Thrall met with Jaina and they discussed and he wouldn't apologize, but said he would deal with it swiftly. He looked into it, but he didn't really do much about it. Sure, they ended up being Twilight's Hammer, but he wouldn't apologize for the Horde, nor would he set a law in place keeping the Horde from attacking the Alliance while they are in a treaty.

It'd be neat to see Garrosh and Thrall fight over the throne once Cata's over and finished for. I'd like to see the new calm, shamanistic Thrall battle against the hot headed warrior Garrosh. It'd be an awesome thing. I think Thrall is the better leader overall, because he isn't swift to rush into things. I like that alot better than Garrosh. Remember, Garrosh came very close to blows with Varian Wrynn in Dalaran.

AND..end long post...haha.

Back