Monday February 16 2009

cc.slim

And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not.
Luke 17:9 NLT

Ow, this scripture bit my behind so much in the past! I used to lament to the effect that after I would do things that point to the kingdom, the eyes of my heart would look for a blessing in return and when that didn't happen, I'd ask why, with more lamenting.

Is that what a servant does?

In a world that's not ours, the servant does so blatantly!

10 In the same way, when you obey me you should say, ‘We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.’” Luke 17:10

Now my unworthy brothers and sisters, let us SMILE as we do the duties that we do!

A servant does what is expected of him or her without expecting thanks. Comes down to duty a bit. It is our duty as a servant to do something. However should we please the master, we will be given praise. :D

I'm Smiling all the day long!

That is always a shocker passage.

We do some kindness or hold our tongue and we think we are doing so well - when we've only done what we are supposed to do.

Thanks for the verse.

Sometimes it's also a matter of not recognizing the benefits we are already getting, like we forget that God already made the whole world, created our bodies and gave us life. What He asks of us in return is kind of small in comparison.

This is true... people take for granted all God has given us. It is by His pleasure that the sun rises every morning, or that the tides continue to rise and ebb...

Back