Monster hunting anyone :)

Logos

Yes, I just picked up Monster hunter Tri this afternoon and getting ready to tri out some awesome hunting skills. :) You can play up to four players over wi-fi. :)

Online play is awesome! :)

In the Japanese version of Tri, it is a pay-to-play service with no Wii Speak support. However, Capcom eliminated the online fees for the release of Tri in North America in Europe, so it will be free to play online with Wii Speak support. The online portion has its own unique hub, but similar in structure to Moga Village - you can buy/sell/trade items and make armor/weapons. Up to four players can play online in a quest, you can even set your own room to player parameters you're looking for: skilled hunters only, newbies welcome, etc. The online portion is where you'll get most of your play time if you get into the game. There are also monsters that are exclusive to the online portion only, so that means the only way to cooler, high-end weapon and armor sets is to play online in higher ranks, with harder hitting monsters. The online portion is similar to a service such as PSN or XBL, where it's a unified system with no Friend Codes needed. You can add friends to your list, then you can warp to their area if they're online. You can even send private messages to others. You will will be attached a unique online player ID with a Guild Card that outlines your offline and online accolades. Overall, the online portion is a robust feature teeming with activity.

[This is taken from another review, but very descriptively gives an accurate idea of the awesome online play] :) Happy Hunting!!

"Bumping" for Monster Hunter Awesomeness! :) Anyone out there get the game or planning to get it? Trust me you will not be disappointed. :)

Monster Hunter update :)

Okay so I have played a good 20 hrs offline at this point of Monster Hunter Tri, and it is awesome. Of course I am taking my time so I may be a bit "slower" on completing the quests than most people, but I am currently past the capturing of the Giant Jaggi...was no small feet let me tell ya, especially with when "he" had a bunch of Jaggie(s) and Jaggi(s) surrounding him...pounding me every time I went in to attack. Anyways, it was awesome to have my first official "giant" monster quest, plus now the Great Jaggi is now on the main village forest map from time to time, and I can farm him although it takes a while to take him down. :) Anyways, this game is awesome, and for the most part it is like "free roaming" style format although the "quests" put you in particular maps (up to 8 maps in all I believe), but they are nice size and plenty of stuff to hunt and mine, farm, etc. But you can re-do quests if you want to just hunt certain beasts for certain items or even mine certain areas for a particular ore for armor and stuff. :) Oh and the armor is almost ENDLESS, plus the weapon trees are awesome as well. Giant Sword, Lance, Sword and Shield, Hammer, Bowgun, Long sword (unlockable), and Switch axe (Online unlockable)...all of which have exstensive trees with various paths. :) Anyways, just a brief update on the game so far, if anyone out there is wondering what the game is like. :)

Back