More than digital?

S

SirLagalott

Anyone do any "normal" art ? (drawing/doodling/sketching, whatever) ?

How about music?

----

I notice that the site isn't even general enough to include such things. Is this going to change? I know at least rizz has 1337 enough crayons to post, and I think I might.

How about musak? I also know rizz plays teh music (any good at pluckin them strings?), can we throw MP3s up?

----

I dunno, just some of my interests that I've noticed don't have many skilled Christians around. (note the difference between 'many' and 'any', people. please).

So how about it? If nothing else I can just hastle rizz to share 1337 drawing/guitaring tips and stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing more. (Though, I've never heard of anyone doing anything that intrestin.)

1337 ...lol

i havent drawn for a while and i havent played much either but im sure i can unlock tha knowlegde if asked hard enough.

i think ive lost the cable i had to plug my guitar into my soundcard so i wont be putting up any rizzo mp3s for a while..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- He is our only hope!
- No, there is another...

I feel that basically fits the description we're in right now. Except, I don't think we have another. I blame you, rizz.

I'm posting twice instead of editing to up my post count. Besides, doesn't seem like anyone regulars these parts of the forums, so its ok.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, how about: does anyone program? C? C++? Java? Python? Perl? Basic?

Not one person has the large ammount of interests I have, so I always end up having to talk to different people for different things. *sighs*.

I program html, does that count?
sad.gif

I've always liked the idea of programming, but when I tried teaching myself C++ I about killed myself. Then I tried Visual Basic and loved it. But I couldn't keep doing it, it couldn't hold my interest. Maybe because I needed projects to keep it going, but never had any. That's why I keep with HTML, I can make a webpage with any kind of content at any time. Hmm... maybe I'll learn javascript then.

C/C++ isn't THAT hard. Did you get a "teach-it-yourself" book?

Yeah it's a teach yourself book, but it's basically a text-book and real big. I got stuck on a simple program, trying to make a calculator. It drove me nuts.

Know what I did in Visual Basic? I created a utility for Diablo 2 gamers to review what runes they had and what they could do with them. It was so easy.

I used to know some basic/c/c++
C is /not/ the same as C++... learn C first as C++ is object oriented and will totally screw your head up.. i actually did both for modules in my degree and ended up dropping c++.

Oh i also learned how to program maple/matlab/fortran which are all shadows of the same beast.

Oh come on im sure there are some artists and musicians out there...

C isn't the same as C++, but they share 99% of the syntax.

Object orientation is actually easier when you get the hang of it. C/C++ actually isn't that practical a language, but seeing as how I'm only a freshman in highschool, and EVERYTHING revolves around C/C++, I figure I should teach myself that so that I can say I taught it to myself freshman year on my application to say Berkley, MIT, or that one school in Southern Cal that I keep forgettings its name but is really good.

I don't even think I *could* do a lot of things I know how to do in C because of the lack of objects. Objects are teh cool.

Oh yah, Delphi is supposed to be an excellent practical language. It was made by Borland (I think... I know they are the major compiler, or only), and my dad loves it. But he also agreed that if your not already in a steady job that you should learn C/C++ because so many things reolve around it that jobs/colleges prefer it.

Out of curiosity, how old are you rizz?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ June 15 2003,3:02)]tablets are good for you... buy me one.
cool.gif
/me dreams of the day he's rich enough to fly to England to personally deliver Rizz's shiny new Wacom tablet (and one for Stormy, too, of course).

Back