MORTAL MONDAYS!

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
Hey guys, I got some exciting news for fighting game fans. Mortal kombat 9 is officially announced for download on steam on July 3rd! I'm not 100% sure my pc will be able to handle it, but I'm more than betting I should be good to run it. I actually am not sure I told anyone else this, but me and Mustang88GT almost always play the classic Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection on Monday nights on PC. (ALWAYS AFTER UNREAL TOURNAMENT OF COURSE!) I'm almost positive he will be buying MK 9 a long with me, and maybe we could set up a special game night like around 10 or 11pm (Eastern time) We could do tag team matches and stuff. I'd love to host some games and set a time so we can all play and take turns. I know tek7 is NOT a mortal kombat fan, but some of you might be interested in this! Let me know! I'm very excited about this!

If it ever goes on sale I will probably buy it for pc. Since I already bought it for both consoles it's gonna have to drop in price for me to purchase it a 3rd time, lol. Would love to play some matches with you guys though.

I just picked it up yesterday! I have to say that I haven't had this much fun with a fighting game since the original Killer Instinct back in 1994. I mean, the mechanics of the game and the flow is just amazing. I also bought super Street Fighter 4 arcade edition, but I don't plan to play it much. Just a once in a while thing I might load up. Only grabbed it because of the sale. If you're waiting for the price drop, you can always buy the cheaper mortal kombat arcade collection. I will gladly play that with you as well. It's only 10 bucks. I added you on steam BTW. My name is Brian_Jacko.

I'm with Floyd on this one. Already have it for PS3. I like it (though not as much as Injustice, which I hope gets a PC version too), but not enough to buy it again until it's deeply discounted. It's pretty fun, though.

Well don't worry right now guys. The online version of the game is so broken. Ed Boon should take all his net coders and fire them. I have another friend who plays with Toj in unreal tournament a lot, and he has this game for console yet he bought it just to play with me, and now we can't even invite or even play each other through ranked or privet games. The game just crashes. This is almost as bad as when MK arcade kollection first came out. Danny Miller should have done the net coding in this game!

Hey guys check this out. I guess not many people from the consoles got the game or a lot of newer people play, but I don't know how I got to rank 3 in the leader boards. I only know one fighter and one combo lol.

Attachments

• mk screen cap.jpg
    mk screen cap.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 5
Is that the overall scoreboard for ranked matches? Pretty crazy if so. Nicely done.

Yes, this is the leader boards for the game in ranked matches. Thank you for the nice compliment. It almost reminds me of the time where I was ranked #1 in the highest division league in star craft II for the first month or so. I really don't see myself being that good in mortal kombat though. :)

Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated on when and if a new patch comes out which I'm sure it will because people are so upset over not being able to play with their friends. Hopefully the price will drop too. :)

75% off Steam sale + 4-pack package = I'm in. :p

You know, I was hopeful that the summer Steam sale would include something like that, but it's too soon. I would like to add that while they didn't patch the game, I think they did something with their servers. I have been able to play with my friend without "much" crashing or lag. He doesn't have Verizon Fios like me, but he certainly doesn't have an ISP like (Dare I say it?) Danny's Windstream! Haha. Well, it's good that I can play privet games with friends now. I'll try to remember to update you guys with a sale if it ever happens soon. Also, this picture is kind of funny. I hardly see any people join the chat lobbies and then I made this lobby name, and boom. A flood of people came in to chat! I didn't even know THAT many people play this game. I had to take a snap shot of it xD

Attachments

• mlp mk.jpg
    mlp mk.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3
LOL! I still love the fact that when someone says a curse word on the UT server, it filters the word out to be "Windstream" That was quite clever.:D

GUYS HUGE NEWS, BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT SUPER FAST! A SALE HAS COME BUT ONLY FOR 24 HOURS!

"Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC is 33% Off for 24 hours as the Steam Daily Deal for a "komfortable" $20.09"

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/237110/

GO! GO! GO!

Oh, and nice Floyd I already have you on steam. I'm busy writing out some fan fics right now, but I will certainly play with you very soon! I only use Scorpion so I hope it doesn't bore you! :D

I only use Scorpion so I hope it doesn't bore you! :D
This might just be me, but I get bored of constantly rotating opponent characters. I find fighting games are the most interesting when people playing them are focused on their best characters. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the sale, though. I'll be holding off still (waiting for sub-$10) since I already own another version and am not a particularly huge fan, but I appreciate the intel all the same. :D

I don't know how it could be boring playing against a host of different fighters, but I do agree that playing with your best fighter always brings the most entertaining match ups! :D I hope a better sale comes soon for you ^_^

Had a few games with my first ToJer! We had to remake the game several times because it kept crashing, but surprisingly, there really was no lag problems! Floyd the barber is the most humble and modest person out there when it comes to talking about his skill level. He basically said he was a noob before we played, yet he beat me twice and most of the matches were quite challenging and fun for me even though he told me that he felt like he was wasting my time. I had a lot of fun and he's really good at the game. Some people are just too modest!

If you are reading this Floyd, thanks for spending time with me! You did not bore me at all, and I'm almost ALWAYS up for more MK with you whenever you want! The same goes for the rest of you all! :)

Back