Multi-tasking Stratholme

Flamethrøwer

This may be a surprise to some of you, but there are several things in the game I am interested in. Recently, I've been checking the auction house for a rare engineering schematic. This schematic also drops in several places throughout the world. One of these places is Stratholme.

Stratholme seems to be one of those places where a lot of stuff happens. I was thinking while farming this schematic (the AH never has it), I'd get some Baron mount attempts in too. Not to mention increasing my Argent Dawn rep.

What other things would I be able to accomplish while running this place? Look for info on other rare drops/achievements/reputations/etc. Let's see how many I can get to working on at once!

There is a flute that drops from a guy that isn't always in there. If you use the flute everyone near you will dance... It is really fun to have! =D

I spent lots of time in strat a few months ago, pushing my AD rep to exalted and thereby get the Argent Champion achievement. While I was there, I also cleared out some very old dungeon quests I'd never done, like the mailbox thing which marginally helped me on Loremaster (I think you already have Loremaster, though, Flame).

I think there may be some unique mats that drop in Strat, although I may be confusing with Scholo (I'm thinking Skin of Shadow, but that only drops in Scholo) ... but those unique mats are BoP and require other hard-to-get mats to produce generally junk level 60 items so don't really seem worth it.

Depending on how much rep you're grinding, don't forget to wear your argent dawn trinket in the undead part so you get the token thingees to drop. Can definitely speed up the process and it's not like the gearscore drop you'd have from one trinket slot would keep you from being able to solo the place.

Again, depending on how much of a priority the AD rep grind is, you may want to mix up Scholo and Strat runs. Overall they are fantastically great instances.

I spent lots of time in strat a few months ago, pushing my AD rep to exalted and thereby get the Argent Champion achievement. While I was there, I also cleared out some very old dungeon quests I'd never done, like the mailbox thing which marginally helped me on Loremaster (I think you already have Loremaster, though, Flame).

I have the Insane, just starting on Loremaster, so I'd like more info on the mailbox thing :)

I think there may be some unique mats that drop in Strat, although I may be confusing with Scholo (I'm thinking Skin of Shadow, but that only drops in Scholo) ... but those unique mats are BoP and require other hard-to-get mats to produce generally junk level 60 items so don't really seem worth it.
you can get Frayed Abomination Stitchings in Strat, which I farmed for the Insane title. Not really needing more of them :p

Depending on how much rep you're grinding, don't forget to wear your argent dawn trinket in the undead part so you get the token thingees to drop. Can definitely speed up the process and it's not like the gearscore drop you'd have from one trinket slot would keep you from being able to solo the place.
rep is ok, but I wont be going out of my way for it most likely. I already have the Argent Crusader title on Redletters.

Again, depending on how much of a priority the AD rep grind is, you may want to mix up Scholo and Strat runs. Overall they are fantastically great instances.

Agreed.

Comprehensive quest listing here, although note that it splits them up between Scarlet and Undead listings.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Stratholme

The Great Fras Siabi is the mailbox quest I was referring to. The quest hub for most of these is the Light's Hope Chapel so since you're probably flying in there anyhow, just make sure you set your minimap to show low level quests and pick them up before you head to Strat. Note that some quests, however, are part of epic chains (e.g. Love and Family with Tirion Fordring and the Frostwhisper chain that flipflops back and forth between Strat and Scholo). Really the only achievement benefit is one tick per quest out of, what, 700 for the Eastern Kingdoms quest tally (plus AD rep in a lot of cases I think) ... but those old world epic quest chains are pretty good story-wise.

The wowwiki entry also lists some trivia stuff ("longer than average cloak" drop, w00t) that sounds like it might be up Insane-Flame alley.

I was thinking about doing some old epic chains while doing Loremaster. Bang a Gong is particularly tempting just in case Blizzard ever decides to award the Scarab Lord title to everyone with a scepter in their bank. Plus, I hear it's just a fun chain to do.

Last summer I farmed Strat for the Baron mount (which never dropped) and for the gold. I always looked for Hearthsinger Forresten and I always found him, though he always moves around to various spots and always drops different items.

I have the flute on my hunter. It's fun to use it in 25 man raids or at the AH. A while back Xymnas and I were farming rep and the Baron mount (which he got on the first run). It's fun to see how fast you can clear the instance... And then try and beat your time.

I have the flute on my hunter. It's fun to use it in 25 man raids or at the AH. A while back Xymnas and I were farming rep and the Baron mount (which he got on the first run). It's fun to see how fast you can clear the instance... And then try and beat your time.

Yeah, I had it down to a science on Redletters when I was farming materials for the Insane. I may still run it on Red, but I'd really like the mount on Flame. Plus, if some of those fun items are BOP, I'd want them on Flame as well.

Back