My first night back!

Awesome :) Welcome back.

What are you using to record? I am looking for something to start recording too, but I am on a Mac.. :)

Not sure about macs, although they're better at media processing. I record the video with fraps and the audio with audacity and mix them up in premiere.

You don't need *this* much power, but having a computer with 4+GB RAM and having a SATA HD with plenty of space does help. I'll post my PC specs when I get home, but this is the guide I used to help improve my techniques a bit. Still a work in progress:

(The following is taken from the site: Yogscast FAQ)

How do you record?
We record games in 1280x720 resolution and 30 frames per second (fps) using FRAPS and edit using a variety of video-editing software. All audio is recorded in Audacity or Ventrilo. Most of our recording is done live, although occasionally we fix a few bits of messy audio in post.

Video and audio are imported into Sony Vegas and edited together to create a compressed smaller video, (h.264, 2-pass VBR at 3-6mbps bitrate with audio in 128kbps 48khz AAC format), and then upload to Youtube.

For the Xbox, we use a Hauppauge HD PVR Recorder rigged up to a computer and Audacity recorder, then export it into editing software as above.

What are your PC specifications?

i7-2600k CPU@3.40GHz
GeForce GTX 590
1x128GB SSD Hard drive
2x2TB Hard drives
16GB Ram
Seinheiser PC 350 Headsets

Using Fraps to capture both audio and video was too much strain on it, and it caused a lot of audio / video lag. So separating them per program helps to divide up the load.

Back