Need advice

Flamethrøwer

Here are the facts:

1. I'm cold.
2. I'm tired.
3. The air conditioner is on and is 2 feet out of reach.
4. There are blankets within immediate reach.
5. A bad movie is on TV.
6. The remote is 5 feet out of reach.
7. The air conditioner alternates between annoyingly loud and infuriatingly loud.
8. I need to go to the bathroom but if I fall asleep it could probably wait til tomorrow.
9. The bathroom is downstairs, 40 feet away.
10. I have to wake up in 6 hours.

My inventory:
- Alarm clock
- Handful of curiously strong mints
- Laptop and cord
- Sheet
- Pillow x2
- Comforter
- Empty water bottle
- Baseball bat
- Laundry basket

My gear:
[Gym Shorts]
[Wedding Band]

My abilities:
- Walk (uses 25 energy - 10 foot reach)
- Run (uses 50 energy - 40 foot reach)
- Roll over (uses 5 energy - 2 foot reach)
- Stair climbing (uses 101 energy per flight of stairs)

My current status:
990/1000 Health
100/1000 Energy

What do I do?

Last edited:
Well, I would suggest throwing the alarm clock at the AC hoping it would turn it off or at least make it stop being so noisy, but you need it to wake you up in 6 hours. So then I would say to use the bat...but you would probably regret having to spend the money to fix that later on. My suggestion then is this: Take the empty water bottle, do your business, grab a blanket and put it on over the sheet, stuff your head between the two pillows to block out the noise, and keep those mints handy for when you wake up. Problem solved. Just be sure your wife doesn't find the bottle...

Last edited:
Possible outcomes:

Well, I would suggest throwing the alarm clock at the AC hoping it would turn it off or at least make it stop being so noisy, but you need it to wake you up in 6 hours.

You throw the alarm clock at the AC. This causes the AC to get louder. The alarm clock also starts going off prematurely, adding to the noise of the AC, the alarm clock hitting the AC, and the alarm clock hitting the floor. Both are now 2 feet out of reach.

So then I would say to use the bat...but you would probably regret having to spend the money to fix that later on.

You swing your trusty bat at the AC, knocking it out of the window. This solves both problems of noise and cold, but leaves you with a high repair bill later.

My suggestion then is this: Take the empty water bottle, do your business, grab a blanket and put it on over the sheet, stuff your head between the two pillows to block out the noise, and keep those mints handy for when you wake up. Problem solved. Just be sure your wife doesn't find the bottle...

You consider this idea, but then realize you probably wouldn't need the mints when you wake up because the pillows will have suffocated you. You consider using some of your remaining energy to handle the problems at hand so that you can replenish it with a good night's sleep.

[OOC] Actually, this gives me a great idea for another thread. I'll post it later...

Last edited:
Here are the facts:

1. I'm cold.
2. I'm tired.
3. The air conditioner is on and is 2 feet out of reach.
4. There are blankets within immediate reach.
5. A bad movie is on TV.
6. The remote is 5 feet out of reach.
7. The air conditioner alternates between annoyingly loud and infuriatingly loud.
8. I need to go to the bathroom but if I fall asleep it could probably wait til tomorrow.
9. The bathroom is downstairs, 40 feet away.
10. I have to wake up in 6 hours.

My inventory:
- Alarm clock
- Handful of curiously strong mints
- Laptop and cord
- Sheet
- Pillow x2
- Comforter
- Empty water bottle
- Baseball bat
- Laundry basket

My gear:
[Gym Shorts]
[Wedding Band]

My abilities:
- Walk (uses 25 energy - 10 foot reach)
- Run (uses 50 energy - 40 foot reach)
- Roll over (uses 5 energy - 2 foot reach)
- Stair climbing (uses 101 energy per flight of stairs)

My current status:
990/1000 Health
100/1000 Energy

What do I do?

I think you should add another ability called, "Call for wife to fix it (uses 1 energy)"

I think you should add another ability called, "Call for wife to fix it (uses 1 energy)"

LOL. I'm pretty sure you have to complete the "Date Night" quest before you have enough points to put into that ability.

Having completed the prerequisite quest "Get Married", you consider using the spell you learned as a reward: [Summon Wife]

You decide against it, as [Summon Wife] has backfired in the past when, in response to being asked to do your will, she in turn enforced her own. Also, upon examining Wife, she is sound asleep and summoning her at this time will surely cost you more health than you currently have.

You are in your bedroom.

You are still cold.

You are still tired.

There is still a bad movie on TV.

You hear a strange thump downstairs, proccing your [Adrenaline] passive ability. You gain 500 energy.

Character Status:
990/1000 Health
600/1000 Energy

>

Last edited:
Reach for the remote and turn the sound up loudly on the t.v. so whatever just broke into your house runs away. Then hide in a closet with your baseball bat, and use your laundry basket as a shield.

Reach for the remote and turn the sound up loudly on the t.v. so whatever just broke into your house runs away. Then hide in a closet with your baseball bat, and use your laundry basket as a shield.

You walk over and grab the remote, and bravely turn up the sound as loud as it will go, hoping Meg Ryan's shrill voice screaming about her fear of flying will frighten away all living things that might be in your house.

Just in case it didn't, you grab your bat and laundry basket and hunker down in the closet, leaving your wife alone in the bedroom. You are one FANTASTIC husband.

*You are no longer tired.

*You are gaining warmth huddled in the closet under your laundry basket.

*You listen quietly for further noises, and try to come up with a plan of action in case you hear more.

>

one of the comics i read did this...started a story line and then left the next step open...allowing for the forum readers to give suggestions as to what happens next. after a day of posting...the creators chose their favorite and went with it...i think they got 200+ pages into it...twas epic

i see this thread going places

one of the comics i read did this...started a story line and then left the next step open...allowing for the forum readers to give suggestions as to what happens next. after a day of posting...the creators chose their favorite and went with it...i think they got 200+ pages into it...twas epic

i see this thread going places

((yeah, I was thinking about doing one about a game character, inspired by a thread created in the WoW forums by "Dusk" where he chronicled an orc hunter named Tednugent and his pet Scratchfever through an epic adventure throughout Durotar. He's actually getting an NPC named after him in Cataclysm called Tednug. And yes, you enter a command after the '>' - something like " > look around closet to try and find something useful" and then I'd carry the story from there. If this thread doesn't work out (cause you're not familiar with my house and all of these facts are true about my house), I'll create one with an in-game character in a familiar place like Elwynn Forest or something. I'll probably copy a lot of his format such as the character screen info))

Last edited:
so what is our next step? think of what to do whilst in the closet?

((You can choose absolutely anything. There is no set path.))

Huddled deep in the closet, protected by your plastic laundry basket and trusty baseball bat, you set your mind to the situation at hand. You regret the fact that all the good weapons are down in the kitchen and the basement gun cabinet. You take solace in the fact that the only entrance to the bedroom you are in is via an exposed staircase, and that you will see anything that might come up well before it sees you.

>

Last edited:
By now your wife is probably wondering why you are hiding in a closet with a bat and laundry basket... Since the t.v. should have woken her from any sleep.

By now your wife is probably wondering why you are hiding in a closet with a bat and laundry basket... Since the t.v. should have woken her from any sleep.

You look over at your wife, amazingly still sound asleep. Then you remember how she loves country music and the shrill annoying pitches coming from Meg Ryan sound vaguely like country music, and thus is not disturbing enough (to her) to wake her. You elect to leave her to sleep, and let her remain ignorant of your foolishness.

>

You realize that, while semi-equipped, you still need head protection. Look around the closet and don your best option before venturing into the hallway.

You realize that, while semi-equipped, you still need head protection. Look around the closet and don your best option before venturing into the hallway.

You rummage through the contents of the closet. The only headwear you find is a black winter hat that fits a little loosely. Finding nothing for protection, you elect to wear it for stealth.

Never mind that your laundry basket is a very bright pink.

Looking further, you find a tacky necktie that was always just a little too small. You secure the tie around your black hat Rambo-style to better hold it in place.

You may not make it through whatever lurks below. but MAN will you look good fighting it.

A cursory glance around the closet floor reveals a light backpack, an ink pen, plastics hangers and several articles of clothing.

You muster enough nerve to emerge from the closet and back out into the bedroom.

CHARACTER SCREEN:
You are equipped with Bright Pink Laundry Basket.
You are wielding Trusty Baseball Bat.
You are wearing Gym Shorts.
You are wearing Black Winter Hat.
You are wearing Tacky Tie.
You are wearing Wedding Ring.

Your health is at 95%
Your energy is at 60%

INVENTORY:
You have no items in your inventory.

Take some hangers with you and maybe a pen just in-case you get into melee combat and...drop your bat from fear. You should use the hangers to throw at who"what"ever is in your house, or even try to use it as some sort of trap? Or possibly to trap someone in a closet.

Take some hangers with you and maybe a pen just in-case you get into melee combat and...drop your bat from fear. You should use the hangers to throw at who"what"ever is in your house, or even try to use it as some sort of trap? Or possibly to trap someone in a closet.

Thinking twice about your current weapon situation, you retreat once again to the safe haven of the closet. A bat is fine for melee combat, but at the moment, you are hoping to engage in ranged combat. Preferably with your opponent's back to you.

You grab 2 Plastic Coat Hangers, intending to use them as a ranged weapon, and the ink pen. You are unsure of the Plastic Coat Hanger's ability to hold anyone in anything, but, if given the opportunity, you will most certainly try to Trap someone with them.

You place them all into the Light Backpack and strap it firmly to your back. You grab one of a few Metal Coat Hangers lingering at the end of the closet just in case things get real.

CHARACTER SCREEN:
You are wielding Bright Pink Laundry Basket.
You are wielding Trusty Baseball Bat.
You are wielding Metal Coat Hanger.
You are wearing Gym Shorts.
You are wearing Black Winter Hat.
You are wearing Tacky Tie.
You are wearing Wedding Ring.
You are wearing Light Backpack (2 slots filled/10 available)

Your health is at 95%
Your energy is at 60%

INVENTORY:
You have (2) Plastic Coat Hangers.
You have (1) Ink Pen.

>

Last edited:
Back