Need help getting to 55 monk!!

Goose62

I have close to no money right now, and would like to try out the 55 monk. In order to do this, I'll need to get a whole new armor set to be able to put 5 superior runes on it. If you are willing to donate any funds or superior monk runes to me, please let me know!! Thanks in advance!

Also ... if you have done this build before and wouldn't mind teaching a newb, please drop me a line. I would like to have an experienced person teach me the ropes first.

You should also keep yourself up to date on
the latest patches and such. Soloing is all but dead, lest you are farming for a specific green or gold(IDS for example). You'll end up spending more to get the 55 gear than you will make in farming with it, unless you wanna spend hours using a now locationally inefficient farming build.

really if your in it to make money, i just do the missions and sell all the whites, blues, purps, and even golds if they are bad. Depends on the mission but i normaly get anywhere from 3-5k, and i also get a HM mission checked off my list. (but obviously you dont have to do HM) also if you are a good monk you could do tombs/UW/FoW runs. Or you could even farm with a group since you have the same chance getting something with 8 players as you would with just yourself.

good luck tho if you are going for 55. I wanted to but then the cost for new armor and runes pushed me away.

Tombs works well for my monk. Just dont bring enchantments. Worked well enough to get him his 15k tattoos :)

Can you go into a little more detail about "Tombs". Can I do it with henchmen, what skills/build should I set up? etc.

well you could use a paragon or a small paragon team because they can't stop you from using shouts and there's a small chance that they'll interrupt chants... basically you monopolize the fact that Prophecies wasn't prepared for Nightfall :p

Tombs is an area that is in Prophecies right after the desert area. Basically it is a watered down version of the UW. If understand it well enough it was the Underworld at one point but the current underworld as we know it was then moved to ToA and Tombs became what it is now... tho i dont think that is 100% right.

It is a good way to make money, but dont bring enchantmens, otherwise you will get some colorful dashes...

I think most people just bring a WoH build. Im not sure tho, i always bring my ranger (less stressful :)) Low energy is key tho. Dont bring Heal Party if i am correct... maybe, maybe not. I havent done it with my Monk save maybe once or twice.

does that scratch the surface enough or should i go more indepth.. not that other people will tell more.

Most teams are bp teams. The monks tend to be WoH, however, with a good bp team enemys should never get close to the monks so they can go for different builds too. Although bps are by far the favorite, other builds will work too, you just will have to wait longer for a party.

Back