Need more admins

K!nG NoT}{!nG

We need more admins. No one is on and I'm done warning people to stop swearing or changing their name if I or no one else can do anything about it. This is ridiculous. You need admins that take "shifts" so to speak. They can get on when they play and watch the server. I'm hungry... Forgot what else this was about.

Shifts may be a good idea, who knows. We do need to look into gettting a few more admins though I think, it seems to be an uprising problem we are having now with an increase in people in our server.

Thats very true. I too am getting very tired of warning them. Whenever i warn them, they come back with double the profanities/curse/etc. Besides, i can't always call Tek, he's a busy man, has many things to do but limited time. I don't wanna add this to his daily do's. I think the Shifts is a pretty niec idea as well. Never thought of it.

I have to agree, I'm willing to serve as an admin even if there is a cost. I don't have much experience in the admin relam but I'm a techer and have no problem policing behavior. Can someone let me know how one becomes an admin and perhaps the rules/commands and directiosn on how to do it!

Shrike out

And God bless all in here!

We've tried the shifts idea actually I believe.. a while ago if I'm thinking correctly.. it's just too hard to get everyone to keep a schedule cause of how busy we can get. I know elite's busy a lot and my DSL is down ATM.. but we do try our best, just keep fightin the good fight guys. =)

I don't think the problem is not having enough admins. I think the problem is knowing who they all are. I have a hard time believing that at any given time, 1 out of 13 admins is not available.

I will be compiling a list of admins for you all to have reference to. I apologize for your frustrations, and I appreciate your patience in this matter.

We are always looking for potential admins. Basically, we just keep watch on who plays a lot, shows a lot of maturity, and handles stressful situations with ease.

Thanks guys...(and gals?)

The Way Things Are

- Before calling for an admin, warn the offending player(s) at least twice. When someone sends me an instant message asking me to police the server, I come in expecting to ban someone within thirty seconds.

- If you know an admin, contact him/her and report what's going on. If that admin is available, he/she will join the server or load HLSW (if he/she has RCON access) and throw down.

- If you suspect someone is hacking, record a demo and contact an admin. Be sure to collect the alleged hacker's Steam ID. If an admin reviews the demo and agrees that the player was hacking, the admin can then contact me at tek7 AT toj DOT cc with the hacker's Steam ID and I will add the offending player to the permanent ban list.

- If somone is typing out profanity or dodging the swear filter, go to your console and type status, then condump, then, after you've dropped from the game, attach the condumpXXXX.txt (where XXXX is the number of the file displayed in the console) to an e-mail addressed to tek7 AT toj DOT cc. If the language is foul enough, I will add the offending player's e-mail to the permanent ban list.

- If someone is cursing over voice comm and no admins are available, get their Steam ID using the status command and e-mail it to tek7 AT toj DOT cc. If at least three ToJ members verify the player was cursing over voice comm, the offending player will be permanently banned from the server. For the time being, though, mute them.

The Way Things Could Be

- I'd like to have a web page with all explicitly stated rules for our server up, available, and linked from the server Message of the Day. The rules will include instructions for reporting alleged hackers, the process for selecting admins, higher standard for ToJ members, and so on.

- I'd also like a dynamic listing of ToJ CS server admins, complete with Steam ID e-mail addresses. The listing should differentiate between Admin Mod and RCON admins and include their time zone and normal hours of availability.

- I hope Plankeye won't smack me if I forget to write an e-mail requesting these features before he finds this forum post. ^_^;;

awesome
biggrin.gif
now we got a way to contact easily. Thankyou all admins
biggrin.gif

Yeah... I was gonna say something like "I'm pretty sure Thad is a cs admin too." But its already been pointed out

i think we also need to get some sort of msg up on the join screen like READ THESE, and have a 0 tollerance policy 3 warnings and your banned period. that is just me, grant it i am now home on break and am not willing to put up with all the grief players and then having to get an admin(love being able to alt tab out and keep sound), grant it i run the server at the school and they all know i have a zero tolerance policy with cusing and abusive langauge i warn once, then slay if they keep it up its a temp ban. ( funny thing is they all copied my server config files so i got admin on all servers LOL )

but hey that is just me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Dec. 29 2003,2:57)]Don't forget, there is already a roster (been there for several months) for CS admins on the ToJ website.
I am such a spaz. >_< I'd totally forgotten about this.

*salutes* It is a good thing for a man with a poor short-term memory to have an excellent staff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Dec. 30 2003,8:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Dec. 29 2003,2:57)]Don't forget, there is already a roster (been there for several months) for CS admins on the ToJ website.
I am such a spaz. >_< I'd totally forgotten about this.

*salutes* It is a good thing for a man with a poor short-term memory to have an excellent staff.
I suggest lining you're doorframes with post-it™ notes.

Wow, great responses! Thanks guys for all the infomation and help. I'm a 41 y/o techer still trying to get intot he groove of gaming (mostly to help understand my students (yeah right!). Wonderful place to play and often times share. God is blessing this ministry in a very neat and distinct way.

As iron sharpens Iron!

Shrike
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zealot @ Dec. 30 2003,8:52)]I suggest lining you're doorframes with post-it™ notes.
Nah, too messy. I just carry a notepad around with me all the time.
biggrin.gif
You'd be surprised how many ToJ and CGA were drafted on a legal pad...

Bah I use to Line my Comp screen with Post-It notes of very important info (phone #'s acc/pw's and such).

One day a terrible thing happend, I came home and my comp screen was clear of my post-it notes and they were no where to be found (not even in the trash can
sad.gif
) Terrible day in my life...sadly I remember myles' number by heart so if I need to call anyone else I just use him as the telephone operator.:cool:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Dec. 30 2003,9:55)]Bah I use to Line my Comp screen with Post-It notes of very important info (phone #'s acc/pw's and such).

One day a terrible thing happend, I came home and my comp screen was clear of my post-it notes and they were no where to be found (not even in the trash can
sad.gif
 ) Terrible day in my life...sadly I remember myles' number by heart so if I need to call anyone else I just use him as the telephone operator.:cool:
this is true.. im a multipurpose white boy. =\

Back