need some prayer and advice

B-man

For the past few months my Heart for God has been Dieing. I havent had real felllowship or been part of a church/bible study for over a year. And in that time frame i have been spending most of my time on this computer. Right now im not sure if I want to get my relationship with God and Jesus back to what it once was. I have talked to Tek about removing me from the toj roster and he advised me to come here before making this decission. Please pray for me. And if you want to talk you can contact me on AIM or yahoo. Thank you.

Hey there. It is really hard to know which steps to take when it seems like you are taking them alone.

I think it may be good to try to re-introduce yourself to God. Work on getting to know Him again. B-man...He loves you very much and wants you back with Him. I am not speaking from myself on this, but this is what His Word says. The Christian walk is definately not an easy one, but it is a rewarding one, even if it is not in this life time.

We are praying for you and hoping that your relationship with the Lord grows.

gen

Thanks alot Gen. Getting your reply has taken a load off of my mind. I didnt think anyone saw this thread due to nobody replying or contacting me. Again, thank you.

I assure you B-man you're not in this boat alone. I as well as others (fess up now) tend to let computer time take up a lot of time that could be steered toward Christ. You must find a balance as I hope to. I have to make time for my bible. Like my wife and I were talking just today. I used to get up and read my bible before my computer time started and it seems lately it's only went one way- computer time. As of today I am going to make a better effort in putting the Word first. So I encourage you to do the same. Stay in or go to church, keep the word in your heart, put some praise and worship in your cdrom, get a pc bible program, use prayer it changes everything, Lift up your hands and just praise God (I mean really open your mouth and speak praise to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords) you'll be blessed, worship Him in Spirit with some praise and worship music and get self out of the way. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Don't let no rock cry out in your place. Take care, God bless, CS

Your not alone. I have had many doubts; and there are times when I feel I have lost faith. But remember that the lord is with you and will keep you safe to the end.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

-Romans 8:38-39

I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you. I think every Christian has growing pains and that is probably what you are experiencing now. I think as we grow in Christ, we long to go deeper with Him, but not as much as He seeks a deep, abiding, personal relationship with us. He promises that if we draw nigh to Him he will draw nigh to us. James 4:8 He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother that will never leave you nor forsake you. Proverbs 18:24, Hebrews 13:5

God calls us to choose life. He wants to be a part of our lives.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: Deuteronomy 32:4

I just love King David. He could speak to God in the most honest way. He knew the secret of pouring out his heart to God. Many times he would ask God to renew a right Spirit within him and search his heart. God will give you the desires of your heart. Therefore, if you find yourself growing cold, He will restore your heart to be fixed on Him, to have a desire towards Him. He is only a call away. His phone number is Jeremiah 33:3

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalm 51:12

I hope you will dive into the Word and allow God to speak to you. And please know that you can always pour your heart out to Him.
Here are some favorite verses:
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8287&highlight=marcylene

Bman, in addition I would like to share a chapter of a book that was given out yesterday at church. http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=114373#post114373

Back