Neededing some knowledge/help..

Gator

I need to move out of my state fairly ASAP, but I only have $45 to my name and my PFD(free $1k) comes October 4th.
I have no High School Diploma/GED, job or drivers license. I should be able to get my motorcycle license in a week or two..

I do have a passport, motorcycle permit, motorcycle and job experience.
I want to move to a state where I can get a job and live/survive.

So the knowledge I need is:
Where can I move to, to live/survive and have a job?
How am I going to get there?
And whatever else is needed.. Unless things change, I'll need to follow through on this.

With no HS diploma or GED your job prospects are extremely limited. Especially in the current world economy Not even the military will take you without a GED. Lack of useful transportation or funds further complicates your situation. Housing is based upon your income so that's looking bleak as well. Welfare is an option but oddly enough requires an address.

Maybe try and get a job on a ship of some sort.

I live in Eastern Kentucky, and there are a ton of people without GED's, or High School diploma's. However, its very easy to get one here because the local high school offers a free GED program. If you could get that, while working nearly anywhere around here, you could get any number of jobs including working in a coal mine.

With that said, you could potentially look to becoming a truck driver. Some companies have truck driving schools that wont require you to pay them back until you get the job itself, which they will help you get. Its fantastic money too.

Wish I could help you out there... Skibabinz idea might be something to think about. All I can say is pray about it. Give it up to God and he'll take care of you.

Military or Coast Guard are best options from what you have said. But, those are difficult options in a hurry.

Military or Coast Guard are best options from what you have said. But, those are difficult options in a hurry.

Last I checked you had to have at least a GED. But for a while I know the Army was running a program to help those interested in joining get their GED while waiting to join.

Okay so get GED first, I'll also be getting my motorcycle license soon so that should help.
I was noticing, since there are buildings going up around here I was thinking about going into carpentry, maybe getting an apprenticeship/on the job training.

There is decent money in trade work(eventually). You will bust your butt, but the skills you gain could get you a job anywhere. Just remember that money isn't everything, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Things are getting tough at my house, and it's a good excuse to spread my wings and leave the nest.

Well, a word of advice, don't do anything rash or hasty. Pray about it, talk to your parents, talk to Keero, or if you can't talk to them about it, find someone there you respect and will give you sound advice and wisdom. And not just tell you what you want to hear.

Back