Never Saw This Coming

Kendrik

Staff member
I'm picking up a PSP Go as soon as the money from selling my PSP-1000 comes in. I'm setting it up as a console (the only version of the hardware that lets me output to TV AND allow me to use an external controller rather than the infernal system interface... the only reason I allowed myself to buy a system that had no physical media... what can I say? Dissidia: Final Fantasy is really that awesome), but I realized something when contemplating this:

I'm out of component inputs on my TV. I have my Wii and my 360 plugged in to those. When the time to act comes, I won't be able to have all three units plugged in.

So, what will I do?

Unplug the 360. Yep. Though the PS3 gets most of my gaming affection, my Wii comes in wel ahead of my 360 in terms of actual use.

Didn't see this happening any time soon.

My favorite part? The game I'm actually playing most on the Wii right now isn't Zelda, it isn't Mario, it isn't even Metroid. Nope, the game I'm playing most on the Wii right now is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins.

And people say the Wii is a kid's system. Apparently, they've never actually investigated the catalog. lol

Just thought I'd share with y'all that my Wii gets more love than my 360 at the moment.

Not much else happening in the chapter, so I thought I'd break the silence with something. :p

So, what will I do?
Buy an inexpensive component input switcher online? :D

My favorite part? The game I'm actually playing most on the Wii right now isn't Zelda, it isn't Mario, it isn't even Metroid. Nope, the game I'm playing most on the Wii right now is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins.

And people say the Wii is a kid's system. Apparently, they've never actually investigated the catalog. lol
+1

There are indeed many great games for the Wii.

I'd also like to say to the Wii haters out there: Family friendly doesn't equal poor gameplay. There's a reason why Super Mario Galaxy and SMG2 both have a score of 97 on Metacritic: They're amazing games.

Some games use a M rating and "mature" (translation: juvenile and obscene) content as a crutch. Nintendo doesn't need copious amounts of gore, violence, and nudity to deliver an experience that gamers want.

There are plenty of kid-friendly shovelware games out there, just as there's plenty of M-rated schlock with a surplus of profanity but a glaring lack of fun.

Also, your 360 could RROD at any moment. And who wants to play that metagame? Too stressful.

Also, your 360 could RROD at any moment. And who wants to play that metagame? Too stressful.
It already did in the past but Microsoft actually repaired it... for free. o_O

Still, it always seems like it's on the edge of death. A non-issue with my Wii.

I could buy a switch, I guess... but the big idea here is that right now... Wii > PS3. :p

Unplug both the Wii and 360.

Plug in a second PS3 to go with your first PS3.

Now you can PS3 while you PS3.

I could buy a switch, I guess... but the big idea here is that right now... Wii > PS3. :p
Eh? You mean "right now... Wii > 360"?

I have a foot firmly in each non-Microsoft camp now that I own both a Wii and the PS3. I really enjoy them both and I don't worry that they'll spontaneously die.

I plan to finish Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, finish the main single-player campaign in LittleBigPlanet, and thoroughly enjoy both. :)

Last edited:

No need to fire up an Xzibit meme image generator. We've all already thought of it.

Eh? You mean "right now... Wii > 360"?
Oops. Yeah. That.

I'm sick and tired... does it show?

I plan to finish Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, finish the main single-player campaign in LittleBigPlanet, and thoroughly enjoy both. :)
Yessssss.

So tempted to pick up the Marvel add-ons for LBP someday. I <3 Marvel.

Yo dawg, I heard you like PS3s...

Actually,this is my plan as soon as I can justify it. MAG by itself is honestly looking good enough to warrant a 2nd PS3.

I still haven't gotten my Wii repaired since it was hit by lightning; have SMG2 and Metroid waiting.

Yo dawg, I heard you like PS3s...

Actually,this is my plan as soon as I can justify it. MAG by itself is honestly looking good enough to warrant a 2nd PS3.

I still haven't gotten my Wii repaired since it was hit by lightning; have SMG2 and Metroid waiting.
I approve of this.

I approve of it twice. Whatever that means.

Seriously, though... MAG is awesome. I was just turning it on when I saw your post. But half a gig download right now? Heck no. Puttin' that on hold. Back to that Mega Man 9 for now.

Back