Neverwinter Nights - A Call for Interest

DoctorWho

Hello everyone, I am canvassing the ToJ members to see who would be interested in playing Neverwinter Nights. I normally run a Monday night DM'ed session (when I'm not working) and a weekly "do-it-yourself" server that has a large mod running on it. The Monday night sessions tend to be series of smaller modules, some connected others not, that I pick up from the NWN community. Please post your interests about playing Neverwinter Nights here (good or bad hehe) so I can get a show of hands!

Thanks,
DoctorWho

I have never played it.

I do not own it.

SO that might make it hard for me to play it.

But, I will if Odale does... IF I don't have to buy it.

very interested in NWN

I would be very interested in this as it is what actually brought me to this site. I did a search on neverwinterconnections.com for christian clans and found a post from someone (i forget who) that led me here. I was kinda dissapointed when I say that the chapter had been dicontinued.

Now I have only play the game a little and only the very first edition on single player so I am pretty new to it. I was looking to get into it so I bought the platium edition and went looking for a group which is where we are now.

I would love to get we a good group that plays regularly but mondays is not a good day for me as I am in aonther christian "Clan" that plays BF2. We are wOw which stands for walk on water and we have practices on mondays.

I would love to hear from ya if something can be arranged on another day and my email is nightravn@gmail.com.

I doubt I'll pick NWN back up until NWN 2 comes out. But when that happens I'd be very interested in starting a chapter.

I was the leader of the NWN guild. I had to shut it down because I recieved an e-mail telling me that there had been no activity from more then 3 members in the past 2 months. (I infact got to the first time I kept the guild up with my fingers crossed)

I own it but I could never get into playing it multiplayer. I like Dungeon Siege II a lot better. However, post server info and times for your monday night sessions and I'll try to attend one when I have time.

I am very interested. Unfortunately, I just uninstalled my Platinum edition two days ago, including all character save files. However, I'd be willing to install it again if we were doing a real tabletop experience. I've tried persistent worlds and things just were slow and too hard to get into. I'm willing to give it a shot, though, and I would love to see ToJ's chapter come back.

When NWN 2 comes out.... oh, baby. I can't wait!

When is NWN2 suppose to be out?

BTW does anyone plan on playing DDO? I have been in the Beta for a while now it is is a good game if now ignore the fact that there is not hugh amount of content for it yet. But if you are a casual gamer and only play it a few times a week that shouldn't be a prob as they will be adding alot more.

I'm waiting on Lord of the Rings Online. Until then I'll just re-visit my GW account when the new expansion is released. MMOs are time-consuming and hard to manage when you have kids.

NWN 2 is due out in Q2 of this year. If that happens (and I doubt it will) I expect it to be toward the end of the quarter, so that means anywhere from June until about August would be my best guess.

The whole MMO time thing is were I think DDO shines. As there is no PvP you are not forced into a must level or be gimp situation. I plan to play DDO like the old Pnp D&D days of a games session once maybe twice a week with a regular group. Playing the Beta of DDO is what got me interested in NWN and I was hoping I could find a group like that for it also.

Last edited:
Nightravn said:
The whole MMO time thing is were I think DDO shines. As there is no PvP you are not forced into a must level or be gimp situation. I plan to play DDO like the old Pnp D&D days of a games session once maybe twice a week with a regular group. Playing the Beta of DDO is what got me interested in NWN and I was hoping I could find a group like that for it also.
Playing with a group? I just don't know that I believe group questing can be done well in a MMO.

NWN and you!

Well typically what I do is on the nights that I DM modules I pick a module or somtimes a series of modules, that are made to only need the Core NWN files, no expansion packs. That way all folks can play if they want to. On my other server I have running a large module named Rhun that does not require a DM, you can run about in groups or as a solo player, but it incorporates all expansion packs as there are some custom things included. We usually play a "session" once a week, typically for about 3-4 hours and save the game at the end of the night for next weeks session. Most (if not all) of the DM'ed sessions are of a "story" nature that require you to think and roleplay through the set. While there is some hack-n-slash, as there are encounters, usually you are required to read along the plot lines, solve mysteries and other stuff that is designed for the whole party of adventurers. I'll post some more server info in here should anyone want to give the servers a try. While I might not be DM'ing the "weekly session" server yet, if you have the expansion packs you are more than welcome to hop on the 24-7 server and give her a spin.:D

That sound interesting and I will have to give a try... if you do plan on DMing a group in the future thats it not on Mondays let me know

to Mr Slice...... You really need to check out DDO then because even though it has some flaws it really shines in the group questing area. The dungeons are exceptional and very group oriented.

Nightravn said:
Hey Doc how to a go about finding your server and are there any downloads I need?
The "weekly session" server only needs the core NWN install the other server "24-7" needs both expansion packs "Shadows of Undrentide" and Hordes of the Underdark". I'm at work right now, but I'll post the server connection information when I get home today.

Doc - "May your sword be wet and your pants dry!"

Back