new 3ds owner :)

Logos

Well I have Mario kart and kid Icarus as my two first games and I love them! Any other 3ds owners out there want to kart race? Also looking for some early eshop suggestions.

If I had a 3DS, I would play Mario Kart with you in a heartbeat. I really like the system. I just haven't had the chance to drop the cash on one yet. :)

Waiting for a hardware revision (regardless how loudly Nintendo claims there won't be one), but planning on buying a 3DS then.

Tek,

I am sure they will be announcing one soon, but I got this 3DS really cheap.

So far my only dislike is the battery life. Other than that I love games! Picked zelda OoT on the cheap and it has been a while since I played it. It is even more awesome! Also kid Icarus uprising is a blast,plus there is tons to unlock. :)

I am sure they will be announcing one soon, but I got this 3DS really cheap.
If I could get one really cheap, too, I'd be sorely tempted to pick it up (along with copies of Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7).

I just got my Circle Pad Pro!
Also, I forgot to snag the friend code, I will do that ASAP.

RE Revelations is an excellent game as well provided you are over 18.

If you can somehow find one, I waited months and months for gamestop to get in their next preorder shipment, the CPP makes new games far better to control :D and only 20 bucks!

I have been debating whether to get a 3DS or not...

Is the 3D effect good? Does the effect get "lost" easily? What I mean by that is, if I'm playing it on a bumpy bus ride or an aircraft with some mild turbulence, will my vision be constantly shifting between the 3d zone and out again?

These are the issues I have been hearing about and they have kept me on the fence. Experiences?

With my Wii Mario Kart now refusing to work with Disc Errors, I am needing some Mario Kart and the 3DS might be my ticket.

With my Wii Mario Kart now refusing to work with Disc Errors, I am needing some Mario Kart and the 3DS might be my ticket.
Is it your drive or your disc that's gone bad? If it's the drive and if you can find a friend's copy to borrow, you could install homebrew on your Wii, install a USB loader, and dump the game from the disc to an attached external USB drive. Then you could play the game from the USB drive and not worry about the disc getting scratched or the Wii DVD drive dying.

I did that the day I received Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the mail, put the disc back in the case, and put the case up on the shelf where it's sat ever since (except for one time when I had to rebuild my Wii external drive).

EDIT: Sorry to (potentially) hijack the thread. I just wanted to prevent someone shelving their Wii because of a bad disc or drive. Playing games off a USB drive is super-convenient (once you suffer through the initial setup, that is).

Last edited:
So far my only dislike is the battery life. Other than that I love games! Picked zelda OoT on the cheap and it has been a while since I played it. It is even more awesome! Also kid Icarus uprising is a blast,plus there is tons to unlock. :)

Battery life I think is fairly good.

(That is, if you consider playing for short amount of times and recharging in between plays.)

Is it your drive or your disc that's gone bad? If it's the drive and if you can find a friend's copy to borrow, you could install homebrew on your Wii, install a USB loader, and dump the game from the disc to an attached external USB drive. Then you could play the game from the USB drive and not worry about the disc getting scratched or the Wii DVD drive dying.

I did that the day I received Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the mail, put the disc back in the case, and put the case up on the shelf where it's sat ever since (except for one time when I had to rebuild my Wii external drive).

EDIT: Sorry to (potentially) hijack the thread. I just wanted to prevent someone shelving their Wii because of a bad disc or drive. Playing games off a USB drive is super-convenient (once you suffer through the initial setup, that is).

Tek, I believe it is the disc itself, -- although I don't see any scratches on the surface, no other game has this problem... just Mario Kart.

I will probably pick up a cheap used copy of Mario Kart to test my theory; however once I get it working, I will be very interested in playing games from a Hard Disk since this would eliminate all future optical disc errors.

Perhaps we can start a new thread, because I will have some questions, like if I install the needed Homebrew, would I be in danger of being banned from online play or brick my Wii?

Last edited:
Tek, I believe it is the disc itself, -- although I don't see any scratches on the surface, no other game has this problem... just Mario Kart.

I will probably pick up a cheap used copy of Mario Kart to test my theory
Trouble is, first-party Nintendo titles tend to hold their value ridiculously well. For example: Mario Kart Wii without the Wii Wheel is currently $43.99 on Amazon. With the Wii Wheel, it's $49.96 ($.03 less than the release date price).

Perhaps we can start a new thread, because I will have some questions, like if I install the needed Homebrew, would I be in danger of being banned from online play or brick my Wii?
Since we already had a thread about softmodding a Wii, I quoted your post and answered it there.

I just got my Circle Pad Pro!
Also, I forgot to snag the friend code, I will do that ASAP.

RE Revelations is an excellent game as well provided you are over 18.

If you can somehow find one, I waited months and months for gamestop to get in their next preorder shipment, the CPP makes new games far better to control :D and only 20 bucks!

I thought the CPP was just for people who preferred the control pad to be on the other side?

CPP is up to the game devs.

I hate Kid Icarus controls, and the CPP only gives you lefty options, but in RE: Revelations, you get both thumbsticks, ie, a real controller :D

I also need to look up my friend codes still, but school, wedding, and GW2 are eating my life.

I am a 3DS owner as well,so if anyone shares their friend code,I'll share mine too :D
Our console/handheld forums have never been quite as popular as our PC gaming forums, but here's hoping some of the 3DS owners in ToJ will post their system code so you can connect with them. :)

If I had a 3DS, I'd be sure to post my code, too! (I thought about buying a 3DS when the red Super Mario 3D Land bundles were on sale on Black Friday for $150, but I already own more systems and games than I have time for.)

Last edited:
Oh,and Tek7,if you end up getting a 3DS,please let me know.
Aye, of course!

It will probably be a while yet. I still have several DS games I've yet to finish and getting an Android phone has considerably slowed my progress on DS games. (I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I really enjoy Where's My Water and Angry Birds Space.)

Back