New chapters and guilds for 2013

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
E3 is over. Or ending. Whatever.

The hype machine is at 11.

What new Tribe of Judah chapters and guilds would you all like to see in the second half of 2013?

Hmm. ToJ Pokemon League. Yes.
We could do that. :) Not sure if a chapter framework would be ideal or even necessary for that, but yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Well, Elder Scrolls Online announced a delay until Spring 2014. We will most likely need a chapter for ESO, but not until 2014.

Well, Elder Scrolls Online announced a delay until Spring 2014. We will most likely need a chapter for ESO, but not until 2014.
We can keep an eye on the game's development status and officially establish a chapter when the time is right. We've started chapters for games in beta before, so we don't need to wait until the game's release BUT I agree starting an ESO chapter today would probably be a bit too early (but, then again, I haven't been following the game's development, so I can't say that with any authority!).

Just finished watching one of the trailer videos and was reminded of the old StarCraft joke, "THIS IS NOT WARCRAFT IN SPACE." (Yes, it reminded me of a sci-fi WoW at first glance--but that's not a bad thing!)

If WildStar uses a subscription model, I won't play it. (Nothing personal, I just don't play games with a monthly fee.) But regardless of model, I'd be interested in helping volunteers build a chapter for it.

warframe..:)
I've read that Warframe is, like so many free-to-play games, pay-to-win. Now clearly that's subjective (and I've made no secret of my reservations regarding the F2P model), but I wanted to ask your opinion of the game so far.

what is pay to win? The group i hang with has been doing just fine without having to buy anything. We all decided to purchase the dethcube(at 5 bucks) because it's neat..the extra gunner helps...but you can get through the game without it. The better weapons you have to work for to build if you don't want to use real money but using real money is NOT a requirement not really necessary.

FFXIV:ARR
I'd also support this getting a guild/chapter, even if I don't end up getting the game. (Jury's still out on the practicality of subbing to it, though I'm on board with it in principle because of how much I'm liking it.) Been posting this elsewhere, but I thought I'd post it in brief here too. :)

what is pay to win? The group i hang with has been doing just fine without having to buy anything. We all decided to purchase the dethcube(at 5 bucks) because it's neat..the extra gunner helps...but you can get through the game without it. The better weapons you have to work for to build if you don't want to use real money but using real money is NOT a requirement not really necessary.

Some allegedly Free to Play games are designed in such a way that you can't get to high end or end game content without paying. Either the xp requirement is so high that it becomes virtually impossible to reach higher levels, you can get there eventually, but without XP or credit boosts it will take an extremely long time. I play World of Tanks which Wargaming likes to call free to win. The reality is, in order to get a Tier X tank which is about all you can use in clan battles, you need to pay for premium for the XP and credit bost. It took me two years to grind up my first Tier X tank and that was with some premium time and a lot of free time.

well i ahven't hit anything that with some work i can't get the blueprints for and then building it..it takes time and work..but it's possible..:)

From what little I've seen of Warframe, there's no objectionable content that would prevent me from approving a Warframe chapter. Our attempts to establish chapters for free-to-play games have met with mixed results (League of Legends being a great example of success), but I'd be willing to give it a shot if there's enough demand.

I would like to see a Terraria group from steam. I trying desperatly to find good reliable, TRUSTWORTHY, players to enjoy this game with. Even if it is 1 or 2, Terraria is great minecraft-esq game! I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

I play Warframe. Haven't spent a cent on it, and I can hold my own in the stats no problem. Takes time to get money and resources, but everything in the game you can build with a blueprint instead of purchasing with real money. You have to play the same mission sometimes 15 times in order to get all the pieces for a new warframe, but that's really not all that bad. I have the Excaliber and Ember warframs, and all the pieces for a rhino, but need more Rubedo to build him. So I'm running a bunch of earth missions to gather enough.

I would definitely like to join a Warframe clan. In fact... that's why I'm here right now, to see if one was already up and running!

Some of the blueprints are rare drops too, like the Orokin Catalyst, but I found one. Haven't used it yet, but I have one!

Okay, bumping this thread.

We have some interest in a Warframe chapter and there was mention of Terraria as well (which was, in part, what prompted me to start a thread in CGA General about sandbox/building games; unfortunately, no one replied to it).

We're still considering games for new chapters, but we're taking a different approach. Odale suggested a forum specifically for discussing new (or new-ish) games for which ToJ chapter. The New Game General Forum is now live and Odale is serving as moderator.

So we can keep this thread going, but be sure to check out The New Game General Forum as well!

What's your steam name Strife(or your in-game name it doesn't matter)? I can't say I play alot of Warframe but I do play it. Just let me know and we can play sometime.

Looks like there's enough interest in Warframe to warrant me downloading it and trying it out. :)

Now with it being a free-to-play game, does it come with X-TRAP or other rootkit nonsense tacked on?

Back