New Maps? - change the map cycle!

• Yes, lets add some new maps

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No, its fine the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to run the servers, until I got the invaluable Plankeye and Heiscomingsoon. They have certainly taken a load off my shoulders. As far as map cycle, we'd like to keep it as "general" as possible and the CPL maps aren't general enough right now. Not everyone knows of CPL, or of their maps.

I like de_nuke and cs_siege, and really any other map. If you want a custom map, or a map that's not generally played we should think about putting it on the custom map server - this server is where "all the other maps" go when no one likes them or wants them in a pub. I play more in the custom map server than in the main server, so that tells you where I am with this.

cs_siege=one of the worst maps ever. It's in the map rotation. Ugh

de_nuke=one of the BEST maps ever. My very own fav, and it's not on the map rotation EVEN with popular demands.

=o

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Go custom map server ^.^

smile.gif
Custom server all the way!
smile.gif

note: custom server ip changes ALOT! if it is down type in "tojcga.game-server.cc:27015" and it should come back up if it doesnt then the server is down...hope to see you on ^.^

Flash is 100% correct. I understand that Cal maps get booring, but:

Is CS_Seige the answer? No.
Is DE_Chateau the answer? No.
Is DE_Storm the answer? No.
A map like AS_oilrig could be that answer. Oilrig can be challenging, fun, and different.

Now, I somehow enjoy playing storm. I do not understand why. With that said, nuke is one of the best maps in this game, it needs to be in the mapcycle IMO.

If you guys feel like non-CAL maps need to be in the cycle, add something fun like Oilrig.

I am also Suprized Fire and the other CPL maps listed by Flashon/Abe/Zeke are not in the cycle. Fire is just plain fun.

I think De_dust should be removed, everyone has played that map just too much, no strategy involved.

Parakletos said:
Key words there :p

If "everyone" continues to play the map, why change it?

I never said that they continued to play the map. I tried to say that everyone DOES NOT play the map because it is borring.

Rush with a good team and win, rush with a bad team, die, and watch your team camp it out and loose.

No strategy period. Watching people, like Crenix, clutch the map is only going to show the skill difference that exists.

Dust one is like seige in that aspect, but seige is very one sided.

The problem is, there are a lot of good non-cal maps out there that people refuse to play. (in general) Nuke, Storm, Survivor are some of my favorite maps, but they are hardly ever played in a standard rotation (maybe that has changed on ours, I've not played long enough to tell) on most servers. I personally cannot stand italy/siege/assault. I think those are some of the worst maps ever made mainly because good players almost always join on the easy side of those maps. I don't know if its an ego thing or what, but I can almost guarentee everytime crenix, klutch, cho, and quite a few ToJ'rs that are good as well will join the Terrorist side right off. Sometimes when asked, some players will switch but not usually without an arguement or being forced. I'm not saying everyone is like that but you know who you/they are that don't.

lol, well I didn't mean to start out ranting but I wanted to agree with booyah on 2 things. I like storm and I think nuke is an awsome addition to our rotation.

I've yet to play on the custom server, but I'll probably get to it sometime soon.

:) Keep up the good work with the servers guys, and lets have some good clean fun!

:p Cory

CPL Fire is way fun. Flashon and the guys dragged me to a scrim once, and if you have never played it, your missing out.

I agree with thad on #3. " crenix, klutch, cho, and"

I never mind switching. Crenix/klutch/Cho/Goose62 don't Scare me.

Only the Flashbang-wielding, Ak-Spamming-while-Seisuring Azn Albert Scares me.
I mean, Just watch him aim! :eek:

Can we please get an answer to this? adminmod must have a plugin to require voting on the next map, if the admins REFUSE to remove seige and the other HORRIBLE maps.

Please, seige hurts my brain ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back