New server

Captain_Tea

We got a new server up for UT3. I intend to leave it a vanilla server since downloads turn many peeps off.

Do you have suggestions for gametypes you'd like to see? DM & TDM are a given.

Is there an equivalent of TAM for UT3 that doesn't require additional downloads?

Is there an equivalent of TAM for UT3 that doesn't require additional downloads?

There is and yes It will require downloads. Small downloads tho, if on redirect wouldn't be bad. Need to look and see if it has been updated to work with patch 2.0

I am also looking in to a chat filter and server message mutator.

I <3 TAM. I've got family in town this weekend so I won't be on much, but I wanna check this server out ASAP.

Got the swear filter set up, it still works :).

The ut3 redirect still works too :D. The swear filter requires a tiny download. When BTA(aka TAM) is updated for 2.0 we are ready for it

Last edited:

I found the new beta version of the BTA(aka TAM) that works on 2.0 :D. There is a bug with it tho that makes it throw extra bots in if u switch right from BTA to TDM. So if you want to quit BTA and play another gametype, go to DM 1st then switch to TDM etc...

I found the new beta version of the BTA(aka TAM) that works on 2.0 :D. There is a bug with it tho that makes it throw extra bots in if u switch right from BTA to TDM. So if you want to quit BTA and play another gametype, go to DM 1st then switch to TDM etc...

Bug resolved by some creative and dedicated coders :D

Last edited:
I've really been enjoying our new server :D

I have noticed several times that in freeze tag arena, when you are frozen and try to switch views to someone else, it says you have switched but you really haven't. Only noticed this since 2.0.

I've really been enjoying our new server :D

I have noticed several times that in freeze tag arena, when you are frozen and try to switch views to someone else, it says you have switched but you really haven't. Only noticed this since 2.0.

I'm glad your enjoying the server :). I am too.

I haven't had the problem you described :/. Try cleaning out your UT3 cache.

On a side note, I took the VCTF, WAR (sorry Tek) and Greed gametypes off. There aren't enough slots on the server for one and when it gets switched to one of these guys start leaving.

I know I said I wouldn't do it, but there is at least one classic custom map that I think should be on the server, DM-Campgrounds. I have guys requesting DM-Campgrounds. I don't want more than a few classic must have custom maps though. Do you guys agree? Do you have any must have maps you want to see besides campgrounds?

Last edited:
On a side note, I took the VCTF, WAR (sorry Tek) and Greed gametypes off. There aren't enough slots on the server for one and when it gets switched to one of these guys start leaving.
Understood and agreed, though it makes me sad to see Warfare go. :(

Unfortunately, Onslaught and Warfare never received the attention I felt they deserved because of the number of players required for an active game. There are only a few Onslaught or Warfare servers that stay active, so I hop on those when I'm feeling like a PANCAKE! or two.

I know I said I wouldn't do it, but there is at least one classic custom map that I think should be on the server, DM-Campgrounds. I have guys requesting DM-Campgrounds. I don't want more than a few classic must have custom maps though. Do you guys agree?
I'm fine with a few custom maps. As long as a custom map pack could be kept under 100MB, I think people would have no problem downloading and installing it.

If you need any help uploading a map pack, let me know and I'd be glad to help.

Do you have any must have maps you want to see besides campgrounds?
I don't know enough maps to suggest anything. =/

Back