New ZG Run goals

Since AQ20 and ZG are not the same instance I would say yes.

What I was meaning was that am I going to be saved to AQ and I won't be able to get into ZG? I'm not sure on how that whole saving to instances thing works so I wanted to ask.

I'm not sure on how that whole saving to instances thing works so I wanted to ask.

As I understand it, once you've killed a boss in an instance you are saved to that instance. This means if you leave and return to that specific instance, the boss will still be dead. You can still go into other instances. So, if you went into AQ20 and killed some bosses w/ Sel, you would not be able to go into AQ20 with us if we went. Unless, of course, the instance reset between now and then. AQ and ZG or not tied together. I don't know of any instances that are tied together in that way.

As I understand it, once you've killed a boss in an instance you are saved to that instance. This means if you leave and return to that specific instance, the boss will still be dead. You can still go into other instances. So, if you went into AQ20 and killed some bosses w/ Sel, you would not be able to go into AQ20 with us if we went. Unless, of course, the instance reset between now and then. AQ and ZG or not tied together. I don't know of any instances that are tied together in that way.

Excellent. tyvm

Goals for 10/6

It was so much fun last week we will do it again. This time we are going for 4 bosses to begin with. Snake, Spider, Bloodlord and then Tiger. It should not add much time to the run since the Snake is on the way.

If the Tiger Boss is going to be done last, someone (an engineer) should bring a field repair bot. After taking on 3 bosses, the equipment for everyone is going to be low even if we do not wipe once. Just throwing that out there. I know someone usually has one, just need to make sure this time. Four bosses is great, equipment just needs to be up for the last boss, reguardless of which one it is. The snake boss is easy, but if everyone is at 30% duribility, it can make for a hard fight.

ZG Goals for 10/13

Well if you believe in Friday the 13th being unlucky well, it has just been proven that it is. It appears we will be with out Durruck(Herekitykity), Esua and Wend. Three of the regulars on this run.

Saying that we will be going after the same four bosses as we have been for a while now: Snake, Spider, Bloodlord and Tiger. Snake and Spider is on farm status, meaning one shot kills. The Bloodlord we are still working out the logistics of it really is a slow and drawn out fight. Tiger well, we know what to do and all we need is for the Tiger to follow along.

For this week here is the make up I would like to see in the group:
x5 - Mages
x3 - M Healers (Holy Priests/Resto Druids)
x2 - O Healers (Healadins/Druids/Shadow Priests)
x3 - M Tanks (Prot Warriros/Feral Druids)
x1 - O Tanks (Warriors/Druids)
x2 - Rogues
x4 - Fillers.

Now, this doesn't mean I will change the bosses around or limit who can come. This just means this is what I will hope/strive for in the make up. Just remember, the only way I will turn people away is when the group is full. This is ment to be a fun run with a goal of getting Hakkar down.

If the Tiger Boss is going to be done last, someone (an engineer) should bring a field repair bot. After taking on 3 bosses, the equipment for everyone is going to be low even if we do not wipe once. Just throwing that out there. I know someone usually has one, just need to make sure this time. Four bosses is great, equipment just needs to be up for the last boss, reguardless of which one it is. The snake boss is easy, but if everyone is at 30% duribility, it can make for a hard fight.

From the WoW official boards, under item basics:

Durability key points

All armor and weapons have durability, but not trinkets, cloaks, shirts, guild tabards, necklaces and rings.
Items remain at full effectiveness until they have no durability. Their power does not degrade. Items cannot permanently break.
All armor/weapon vendors can repair durability in exchange for cash.
When an item reaches zero durability, it no longer gives the player any benefit; it acts as though it does not exist until repaired.
Professions cannot repair durability, but we will discuss ways for the professions to interact with them in the future.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/basics.html

Agreed Tinie, I think a repair bot is a bit overkill unless someone really wishes to supply them themselves but I can't imagine (yet) we will need them in ZG.

BTW, I would like Shuranda to handle the healers this week for Wend and Ambryana to handle CC and marking for Durruck/Esua.

ZG run changes......

Watch out here for new changes coming to the ZG run. I will post them by tomorrow.

Changes to TF ZG run

I started this run to have an end game guild event that we could do and have fun with as a guild. But do to the influx of new level 60s to our guild I am having to implement a few changes in the ZG run(s) to ensure that this run will continue to be fun and enjoyable for all that attend. To start with there are going to be prerequisites before you will be considered for the run. You must be level 60 and you must have the following utilities: CTRaid, Group Calender and Teamspeak.

CTRaid allows for easier monitoring of certain events, spells cast by bosses and knowing who the main tanks are. It also allows for easier viewed communications from the leaders of the raid.

Group Calender is used for all guild sign-ups. If you do not sign-up you will only be considered when I open up the invites to all SGA members. I do this to promote Group Calender and to know what classes we have available at the start of each run.

Teamspeak is required because of the ease it is to instruct people on what to do during certain fights and in case of emergency to let people know what is going on.

Now for the real changes. As stated above we have an influx of new people joining our guild, everyday it seems. We also have characters turning 60. Unfortunately once you turn 60 it does not mean you can automatically do end game runs. There are two things that are required, experience and gear.

Experience is the most important of the two. You must know how to play your character in these instances. If Blizzard has failed anywhere it was with preparing people for end game instances. You no longer can follow your own path. The tactics for these instances are nothing like the lower game ones. You have roles you must follow to ensure a successful run. You must also follow the leaders instructions. Communication is a key factor in a successful run.

You must have gear meant for these end game instances. The tougher the instance the better gear the group needs to succeed. Your gear needs to complement the way you play your class and what your role is going to be. Healers need healing gear, casters need damage gear and tanks need tanking gear. If you have gear questions either post them or ask someone that has more experience in the class.

The raid will be divided up into experienced and inexperienced players. I am looking at 4:1 ratio, meaning 16 experienced and 4 inexperienced. I will keep track of the people that attend and rotate the inexperienced out so everyone has the chance to get experience at end game content and in particular ZG. I will also be inviting one outside person in for their experience in ZG to help us hone our strategies and tactics.

The reason I am doing this is because we are not progressing through ZG and it has been brought to my attention that this run is not as fun as it once was. Part of the fun is tackling new challenges and progressing through the instance.

The class make up will also have to be limited to promote success in the run. What I see as the best make up, at the moment, is the following: Warriors (x4), Mages (x4), Priests (x3), Druids (x2), Rogues (x2), Paladins (x2), Hunters (x2) and Warlocks (x1). Now with this all being said, I do reserve the right to change the class make up at the time of the raid.

If you have questions about these changes, please contact me in game or forum mail and I will answer the best I can. Also if you have class questions (armor, stats or roles) please contact your class leader.

Ok, with the new make up last week the run progressed quickly through to the Tiger where our timing was off. Changes will be made for the next attempt at Tiger this week. Also we will start hitting it twice a week starting in November so be prepared.

This week we will continue with our normal rounds; Snake, Bat, Bloodlord and Tiger. We are progressing well even though it does not seem like it. We one shotted the first 3 bosses last week and had Tigers first phase down except for the timing at the end.

This week we will put only one rogue and a imp shield bash warrior on Tiger or 2 rogues and a tank. We also need 3 priests to do this along with a couple of secondary healers.

Also we must keep our healers away from Zath, he silences casters.

Next month, November we will run ZG on the 3rd & 4th, 10th & 11th and 24th & 25th (if we have people). As a slight change up, we will be running AQ20 on the 17th. This is in their due to the instance reset for ZG(18th).

ZG Run for 11/3 & 11/4

The goal for 11/3 is: Bat, Snake, Spider and Bloodlord.
The Goal for 11/4 is: Tiger, Panther and Jin'do. If we are doing good we will take a look at Hakkar.

Next set of runs will be on 11/10 and 11/11.
Friday we will go after Bat, Tiger and Panther
Saturday will be Snake, Spider and Bloodlord.

Back