Northern Strike.....

Blackbeard

Well today we 2142 addicts got some great news, EA is going to be releasing a Booster pack for BF 2142, Here is the copy of the post at the EA BF 2142 Homepage;

Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike

Today we would like to announce to all our players the coming release of the Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike booster pack! There is a press release going out tomorrow, along with a trailer showing the action in one of the new maps. This addition to the Battlefield universe contains new content to expand the war for the survival deep into the frigid wastelands of Europe. With three new maps players will be challenged to engage in Titan and Conquest game play to secure victory for their team. Both sides have brought forward new vehicles to aid their forces along with 10 new unlocks available to soldiers through both standard and field unlock systems. We also wanted to inform players that we will be working with Combat Studios Testing to host a closed beta in the near future.

Along with this article is a Great Wallpaper of the upcoming Booster map, and a chance to get in on the Beta testing, I am excited about this, it is unknown at this time if the Booster will be available on Dvd/cd Rom or at EA Link. I also Read about our Ranked server which is Great, I hope we can play 2142 there as well. I have had the opportunity to Battle with a few of my toj Brothers in 2142, so be on the lookout for each other, Cya and God Bless

The BF2 booster packs were available only through EA Downloader (or EA Link as it is now known). They were $9.99 and I'd expect this one to be also. I'll probably get it.

I'd bet that soon after it comes out, they have to patch it. :p

I agree( but I am hoping it is not so bugged like the booster packs in BF 2), The Movie is definitly worth watching, I could not get it to open from EA 2142 site so I watched it at YouTube. The first movie preview mostly shows the Hachimato(probably misspelled, lol) which is Basicaly a Unique Version of a Floating(also by small jet engine's) Land Speeder, The first thing that came to mind was Star Wars Landspeeder with Luke Skywalker, but the vehicle will go anywhere it seems and is Very Fast, but if you take a Round, Thats all she wrote[note: whomever SHE is]. The next Movie preview will probably be about the Goliath, which if you have paid attention to the Billboards in 2142 you have seen it advertised, it is the slow mover with six guns, a Spawn point onboard and regenerative armor, Perfect for the new game mode and close combat of Urban Warfare, But I am sure it will probably be hard to take out. Out of this new Booster pack I am most looking forward to the new addition of the 10 Pins which can be earned, basically if you have one class maxed out and you achive the pin for that class then you can unlock a upgrade that is available only in Northern Strike, but once unlocked it can be used in all games(and versions), I am looking forward to these new additions. I am seeing more toj members on the Battlefield, check out the other posts about 2142 so we can get you all on our Buddy lists, God Bless and Cya all in game

Last edited:
I posted a news item on the ToJ site about the booster pack. It sounds like it'll be fun. I'm sure I'll be getting it when it's released.

EA is looking....

Hi all, I have been accepted as a Beta tester for Ea. According to the CT[combat Testers] forums they are still looking for another 2000-3000 testers, all you have to do is send a email stating why you want to be a tester and how you would add to the Team to this email addresshttp://www.info@combattesting.com from there you will recieve further instructions, Cya all on the field

Back